• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to Remove Cache and History From Iternet

JamesJoey

May 2, 2012
I'm having nothing but issues with the Internet app that came with my Galaxy Tab 2.
I posted one issue and got no response. Maybe I'll get lucky with this one. Or I'll just give Samsung a call.
I can't get cache and history to get removed from the Internet app. Whether I use an app designed to clear history (I've tried several) or when I go into the Internet Settings>Privacy and security and delete everything.
I've even rebooted after removing the cache and have shut down and restarted afterwards with no results
I guess the only way to remove the cache and history form the Internet app is to do a factory data reset!

Any ides why this isn't happening??

James

Have you tried going into settings then in to applications scroll down to your internet app then click clear data? This should remove everything in the app including all your saved links and cache and any settings that have been saved. Just to be sure click to clear cache then click to clear data again this should totally reset and clear your internet app.
Let me know how you get on!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones