• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to scan for networks

bezerk19

Android Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2010
San Antonio, TX
All of a sudden I'm unable to turn on Wifi, as soon as i turn it on (while in Wifi settings) it will give me an error message "unable to scan for networks", then Wifi turns off.

Anyone have this problem? I've read around to do a hard reset, not sure if that will take care of the problem.

Might be an opportunity to just update the phone to DL09 (still using DJ05 with Voodoo)

No need to factory reset...

If you're rooted, just go to the /data/wifi/ folder and delete the file bcm_supp.conf (which contains the wifi configuration settings).

This file can sometimes get corrupted, and will cause the problem you're encountering. You'll need to re-enter your wifi settings, but it'll work.

Upvote 0
No need to factory reset...

If you're rooted, just go to the /data/wifi/ folder and delete the file bcm_supp.conf (which contains the wifi configuration settings).

This file can sometimes get corrupted, and will cause the problem you're encountering. You'll need to re-enter your wifi settings, but it'll work.

Hi - what if you are not rooted (and don't want to be yet, as I just got the device today and having the same problem). I already did a factory reset as well but still have the same problem (Unable to scan for networks) on my Cruz Reader device.

edit: called tech support - believes it to be defective.. so.. that answers that i guess..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones