1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Unbricking/Unroot/Return to Stock LG Spirit 4G

1. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

its the firmware download, i had to download it 4 times to get a good one. i don't know whats up with that, try the alternative link he has
  2. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

No the download was complete, my error was when I tried to move it from the downloads folder to the folder where I'm keeping all the unbricking files. Some how some where something just fudged, when I followed the step leaving the the files where they downloaded to all went smooth. So I finally got it to go through. I can't thank you enough for this guide on unbricking! One thing I have noticed since owning and rooting all my android devices, most of the guidelines are written in ways expecting all users to know how to operate all these programs small details like extract files from zip into new folder in order for programs to run properly are just assumed I can't tell you how many times I tried running the ex files while in 7zip and they didn't run properly until I pulled them out. Lil details like if you move d/ld'd files you may loose data are also overlooked, had I not been desperate to try all options I might not have known this and returned to metro for a refurb just over a minor detail. All that said I'm glad I figured this all out and again I thank you Sammyz for this guide, without it I'd have had a semi brick.
    sammyz likes this.
  3. rsurfer

rsurfer Well-Known Member

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Mot sure why I didnt read the no delete google crap note , oh well , Thank you

worked well
  4. rsurfer

rsurfer Well-Known Member

called metro now 4G
  5. jamesmania88

jamesmania88 Well-Known Member

where is the torrent to the firmware? I want to help seed it.
  6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

jamesmania88 likes this.
  7. jamesmania88

8. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

edit:
    Never mind, just needed to update windows 7. It's been a long time since I use it.
  9. Bard

Bard Well-Known Member Developer

Interesting... while making custom rom for spirit, I accidentally flashed LG Motions's firmware to Spirit, eventually the phone bricked.

I could see phone was turning on (lcd lit up) but no message showed up at all, no download mode message, no factory reset message even with key combinations.

So I just assumed I was in download mode and connected USB and flashed Spirit firmware.. surprisingly it was flashing all firmware files and doing all the steps, eventually phone rebooted and went back to normal (phew..)

so even though you don't see the factory mode message, the phone might be in factory reset as long as you turn on with volume + - , i thought i perma bricked my phone but it wasn't :)
  10. jamesmania88

Well glad you got it solved. Hopefully rom soon.
  11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Is your 4G working?
  12. Bard

Bard Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah right now everything is working, 4g, 3g, wifi, call, text,
    sammyz likes this.
  13. AquerMang

AquerMang Well-Known Member

@sammyz: Maybe post some CRC/MD5/SHA1's for the firmware file? It'd be nice to say these extract errors are definitely caused by a bad download.

Thanks.
  14. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Done :thumbup:
    MD5: ce6edfdc6e5ac820028e568260687fa7
    SHA-1: 7fa7c347e4574e3d44615086d94b31def34cb6ec
  15. MetroPOS13

MetroPOS13 Well-Known Member

Does the app tell me to unplug? or just finish writing script?

My phone was bricked..and it went through everything, doesn't say unplug on the app though.

My phone says "Need to charge more to power on".

Is it done? Or do I need to let my laptop charge it so the app can finish installing the KDZ?
  16. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

Once you get this last line, the unbrick is done and you can unplug the phone...

Step Complete : DSP Write
  17. MetroPOS13

That was a quick reply! I had already said **** it and unplugged it...I'm not exactly sure what the issue was why I had a brick though.

I download the gapps.zip and it bricked during the download?!?! I'm gonna keep a close watch on the phone the next few days as a stock phone and if I have any issues I'll force a brick then get it replaced by Metro.
  18. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

You didn't delete videos.apk, did you?
  19. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

Lol I did that once it didn't brick until I rebooted the phone though, and all I was the LG logo with a security error message and that's all lol. Not a fun time :(
  20. MetroPOS13

No I didn't delete any Google apps at all, I know thats a no-no. It went into a bootloop during a download, then I tried a factory reset...and it stayed in bootloop. My only guess is that possibly once the zip was downloaded one of my file explorer's were set to auto unzip file after download and it caused the crash. I'm not exactly sure to be honest. It was rooted, bloatware removed except for Google apps..custom bootload, stock rom, 2nit recovery, google now installed and then just games.

Either way, thank you tons Sammyz for the write-up and saving my phone!!
  21. howeejr

howeejr Well-Known Member

so say i want to just unroot, i gotta do the same thing as if i was bricked?
  22. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Yep.
    howeejr likes this.
  23. shatterstar78

shatterstar78 Member

"UpTestEX_mod2_marwin" does not seem to work om Windows 8 64bit.:(
  24. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Right click it>Properties>Compatibility tab> Run in compatibility as Windows XP SP3
    But make sure the task isn't running before you change it.
  25. shatterstar78

shatterstar78 Member

Still does not work.