• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Understanding GPRS settings (new access point)

I recently got a new SIM card (same provider, Telkomsel, but for a different area code in Indonesia). The settings are supposed to be automatic, and I do indeed have a "Telkomsel GPRS" under "Mobile networks" > "Access Point Names".

The 3G on the old SIM worked pretty well, without having to do anything, but this one gets only rare and short-lived connections to the net.

I've rung up Telkomsel a few times now, and they're supposed to be fixing it soon, but it's a few days and I'm getting impatient. One of the help line people suggested manually entering a new access point, but the info he gave me was a bit confusing:
name: Telkomsel GPRS
APN: internet
username: wap
pw: wap123
homepage: http://wap.telkomsel.com
IP: 10.1.89.130
proxy: 8000 (I may have misheard - my guess is this is a port number)
Now, in my settings, I don't have "homepage" or "IP". I do have "Server", MMSC, MMS proxy, MMS port, MCC, MNC. I've experimented a littel bit, with no luck.

I've been googling, but can't figure out for sure where "homepage" goes (maybe MMSC), or whether IP is the Server, one of the proxies, or something else.

Any tips appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones