• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "unfortunately calendar storage has stopped" Problem

dfran1

Android Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2009
Hi all!!

I have now had this pop up for the last 2-3 weeks and it is starting to get to me.
1. Verizon note 2 USA (silver if that matters)
2. Stock, never rooted, with all updates that verizon allows

I did a search and came up with this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=40823909#post40823909

I posted in there but nothing seems to freeze on me as does that op's post and they are rooted I believe with a different phone.

Now I have tried

1. go to settings > applications > manage apps > then click 'all' at the top and find calander storage and clear data

2. hold the home and volume key while powering on and select "clear cache"

In both cases, no affect to correct my problem at all.

The way I feel now is if I need to wipe my phone, I will just root it and put a great rom (if one exists, I would think by now there are a few the least).

I would have thought between google and samsung that all these problems would have been fixed by now on stock, my Siii I had to wipe, and now maybe this one, not a good warm feeling! But I still love it waaayyyyy better than any iphone by far!

Thanks to all

also if you have this problem please post if you fixed it PLEASE!!
20130422073847.png

Scandalex, you're on the right track as I was trying to find a solution to this as well. But it occurred when I had my original Note. During my search at that time, it ocurred with irregular reoccuring appointments as well. Like Mon, Wed and Fri appointments recurring every 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I had a ton of appointments like that in Outlook. I never did find a solution and resorted to using a local calendar app and database that is independent of Google Calendar. As of now, I no longer use Google Calendar.

Reactions: dfran1
Upvote 0
Thank you both !!

I do not use Google calendar and some how it was turned back on.
I disabled the Google calendar this morning and see how it goes.

But one thought on this is my wife has an siii and she does not get the error and we both use smoothsync and sync with the same apple calendar. So hopefully it was Google calendar doing it, time will tell now or?

Thank you both!

I will post back here if it happens again, or at the end of the week if nothing again.

Upvote 0
I know it's been a while but I just wanted you update this thread.

I still had the problem even after I disabled the Google calendar and I knew it was not my icloud calendar cause my wife's siii did not have this problem.

I found uccw application that I just had loaded but not running causing lots of strange problems, cause when I removed it all sorts of weird problems went away.

I never received this error again since I uninstalled uccw.

I use beautiful Widgets , but also have loaded go weather and I recently uninstalled that and now my battery is much better.

So the moral of the story is be careful of your apps, watch their usage closely.

Thanks to all
Thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones