• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped. What do I do?

Hello, I bought this Samsung S5 off ebay for my dad, his old phomne crapped out, It is a G900V same as his old one. For Straight Talk. So I get the phone power it up and im sure the guy wiped the phone clean, It starts with the setup wizard. I start by clicking English, then it verfies the phone number with the Sim card that I installed before power up, then I click next then it says "Please wait for your content to be retrieved" then it says "Unfortunately , Setup Wizard has stopped." I can not do anything, I have tried rebooting with a factory reset with no joy. Tried booting in safe mode, Nothing. I need help. Please I know someone has had to been through this. The phone is Unlocked as well

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones