• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unknown data usage (large)

raywright1

Dec 29, 2010
Anyone know why my wife's Inspire 4G would be incurring large amounts of data traffic between 12:00 and 1:00 early morning? it's not the typical nibbling you might find for sync pings etc. it's large sizes like 52mb. she maxed out her 200mb data plan the first week into the billing cycle.

i looked at various forum suggestions regarding unwanted data usage, but all were solutions preventing periodic pings (1kb repeatedly etc). these don't bother me - i don't want the phone crippled and i want it synced regularly. but why the large data movements? i thought about some kind of backup taking place, but she hasn't subscribed to HTC's backup, and with HSUPA disabled i doubt she's sending 50mb of data upstream.

i had to bump the plan to 2gb just to buy time to figure this out.

any ideas appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones