• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlocked MetroPCS Galaxy Light trouble on Striaght Talk

JGon561

Lurker
Mar 31, 2013
I have the Galaxy Light with MetroPCS and they gave me the unlock code and it's technically unlocked and it works when I put in my Straight Talk sim card but it doesn't connect to 2G/3G when it clearly has the bars, in areas where most Straight Talk phones work no problem with great service. I obviously switched to Straight Talk because where I live doesn't pick up service for Metro.. Any suggestions?..

Straight Talk can use either AT&T (GSM) or Verizon (CDMA) depending on which SIM you buy from them.

The MetroPCS Galaxy Light doesn't have a CDMA radio so you'd want to use Straight Talk with AT&T - do you know if you are using Verizon or AT&T towers?
It's still trying to connect to T-Mobile towers evidently. But if it was gonna try to connect to any other tower, it would obviously be AT&T because it's a GSM tower, but it couldn't be connecting to that or it would have perfect service, which as of right now it does not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones