• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL][CAF][4.4.4] PAC Rom (DT2W and CM12.1 Kernel)

whoshotjr2006

Android Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2012
Ohio
READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU CONTINUE ANY FURTHER!!!! DEV INFO IS IN 2ND POST.

NEWS:
Second build updated. This one now has double tap to wake and uses bad_mofo's cm12.1 caf kernel which also brings us overclocked processor, fast charge, etc.

CHANGELOG:
061015: Downloaded source and modified device tree to build. Everything seems to work as well as cm11.
061315: fixed double tap to wake, added Bad_MOFO_33's cm12.1 caf kernel

DISCLAIMER:
i do not force you to flash these roms. what you do is on you. ill try to help you, but do not blame me for anything, especially if something goes wrong. you know the risk, and if you dont know or understand something, then dont flash this rom.

TAKE A GOOD BACKUP WITH TWRP BEFORE FLASHING!

RECOMMENDED RECOVERY:
TWRP lollipop link:
http://androidforums.com/threads/recovery-twrp-2-8-5-0-lollipop.902943/

Working:
Anything that is not listed below

half working:
Green tint on back camera on some volts
NFC needs some fixup, waiting for logcats
Youtube: Open settings in video, disable HQ video stream for now. This also means apps that rely on h264 decoding will not work properly for now. (Netflix) Also could explain broken camcorder. (possibly)
Camcorder: Use Camu or something like it from google play store

not working:
ir blaster
you tell me

NOTE: Get a gps lock in stock rom or whichever rom you had before with working gps before you flash this. This is a quirk with many qcom based phones, if you dont get a lock before you flash this your gps probably wont work.

Flash the rom, then the gapps package of your choice (kitkat gapps) and then flash either the Virgin or Boost apn fix below.

Thanks to Mopedryder for both:

Virgin APN Fix:
http://androidforums.com/threads/mo...apn-fix-wip-cm-aosp-4-4-x.840298/#post6516416

Boost APN Fix:
http://androidforums.com/threads/mod-universal-boost-apn-fix-for-d2lte-builds-mod.840501/

Rom Download Link:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759263

Last edited:
OK been playing with this all night and I love it! Thank you, I've been wanting to try a PAC ROM since the first time I heard of it on a different phone.

I got super excited when I noticed the omni switcher. The ability to change nearly all of the animations is awesome. Lte works perfectly. No sound issues! Happy about that. I DID lose function of back and menu buttons a couple times, but reboot fixed it. Then somehow the keyboards stopped coming up all together. Installed Google keyboard but it didn't help. Clean flashed again and reinstalled and it seems to be fine. Looking great so far!

Reactions: whoshotjr2006
Upvote 0
Two questions
1. What is the difference between the aokp
2.and what do you mean turn off hq stream

1) quite a bit check it out
2) already explained this in aokp thread

What do you mean get a gps lock? Still on cm 11 caf

In stock rom or a rom where your GPS is confirmed working, use an app like GPS test in the market to get a lock where it knows within less than 30 feet of where you are. If you don't do this, your GPS may not work right in any custom rom. Its a quirk of Qualcomm chipsets that has been around on a bunch of different phones for years.

Reactions: CrimsonToker
Upvote 0
OK, I understand. You didn't create these ROMs after all, you just get the source code and make it work for our phones, right?

Yep. I modify kernel, device and vendor trees to build with the source that pac, aokp, cm, etc provide. They provide the features and guys like me provide the device support.

Upvote 0
So two small issues I've seen arise. Some sound issues, but rather infrequent. Sometimes the keyboard doesn't show up, but if I press back it appears and disappears tally quick, and then will show up like normal. I can post a logcat if it will help

Edit to avoid double post: just gotta say after a couple days with this ROM, this is by and far my favorite ROM for this phone so far! (Not that there's been a whole lot to choose from until recently lol)

And also, thanks for your continued contributions to this community, on your own time

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looking good! I love having dt2w again. Everything is working as far as I can tell, except for video recording (I don't care, don't need work around) and still some very infrequent sound issues. Halo, app bar and gesture anywhere still confuse me. Also if anyone plays with the init.d settings and sees an improvement let me know. I don't understand what init.d is and have caused issues for myself with build prop before, so I'm hesitant to play with it yet

Reactions: whoshotjr2006
Upvote 0
Help! Idfnk what I did but this is annoying. I can't find anything in PAC settings to remove it

Attachments

• 1434343541575.jpg
    1434343541575.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
Lol sorry that I kind of seem to be dominating the thread at the moment..

Just had a huge amount of lag. I opened omni and clicked Pandora and waited to go back to it. And waited.. Then it crashed altogether. I checked my catlog and found this weird message repeating, something about jlm file not found or something, and then closing VM. Anyway I have just the repeating message in this log

Attachments

• pac61915.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones