***Unofficial Motorola Shadow Thread***

Last Updated:

1. Dustinb

Dustinb Well-Known Member

It would seem like it's about 115MM long, and 13.5MM thick at the top ... That's just a ROUGH estimate based off the pictures and could be COMPLETELY wrong. But I hope they're close:D

Advertisement
  2. iamrobk

iamrobk Well-Known Member

So it appears these newest pictures are accurate, according to what Bill is saying. I am confused about what he means by the bump "going the opposite way." Maybe they've managed to eliminate it and create a flat back? Or maybe its on the bottom now? Those are the 2 best ideas I can think of. I am really looking forward to this phone, though. I'd much rather have Sense (or even stock Android) than Blur, but apparently you can turn it off so I will be happy with that. Unless it has a much newer, cooler version.
  3. Dustinb

Yea, I've only seen Blur on 1.6 ... Maybe it's changed a bit for the Blur 2.1 but worse case scenario we can just turn it off.

I'm looking at this phone more and more as I await the HTC Incredible release. The more info that comes out for it the more I like it. Could be worth waiting for...:)
  4. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

Something I hadn't considered before is the new chip it uses is 45nm. So it uses less energy.
    Dustinb likes this.
  5. Dustinb

I got the impression it was actually quicker and more efficient than the Snapdragon too.

I wish this phone was receiving as much attention as some others. I was set on the HTC Incredible up until a couple of days ago. Now at the very least if I DID get the incredible it would be more of a stepping stone to the inevitable purchase of the shadow. I just hope it doesn't get delayed like the Incredible seems to have been. June would be PERFECT :D
  6. Dustinb

Do you have any intention of posting your latest find in the HF Forums, there seems to be a bigger following to this phone over there. May even get some new confirmations from bill23 and Winston.

The following here is kind of small and the HF Forum is a little slow, are you aware of any other active or informative forums regarding this phone?
  7. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Well-Known Member

not sure about any other forums activity with the phone, but i'll go post these pics over there now... see if you can guess who I am on that forum. :D
    Dustinb likes this.
  8. TheSkiShow

TheSkiShow Well-Known Member

Uh oh... I found my next phone in the "gotta be something bigger and better on the horizon" loop, now following this as well as the Incredible. D'OH!
  9. Amu

Amu Well-Known Member

Nice find Fuzzypumpkins? I'll add the pic to the first post:D
    Dustinb and DarbagDarbag like this.
  10. Amu

Amu Well-Known Member

Yeah they do lol. Should I make the Shadow != Droid 2 in huge letters? lol
  11. Amu

Amu Well-Known Member

Lol the Incredible wasn't/isn't even a match for the Shadow ;). Unless of course if you want a screen smaller than 4.3", then the Incredible will be for you:cool:
  12. Amu

Amu Well-Known Member

The OMAP chipset is somewhat faster than the Snapdragon if I'm correct. It also has a better GPU compared to the Snapdragon. People get the impression that the Snapdragon is faster/better than the rest because it says 1GHz. However, manufacturers use it more in their products because it's cheaper than the rest. That's also why the Tegra chipset wasn't/isn't used as much because it's more expensive. The smaller the chip the more power efficient it is. So 45nm (OMAP 36xx) > 65nm (Snapdragon) in power efficiency and GPU, and also maybe faster.
  13. Amu

Amu Well-Known Member

Look at the first post now. Also, he meant to take a look at the XT800:
    [​IMG]
    That's the bump that he was talking about.
    nursereese likes this.
  14. Amu

Amu Well-Known Member

Haha, welcome to the "decoding Bill's messages" lol.
    Actually, the Droid 2 will replace the Droid. Not completely replace, but it'll be more likely to be bought over the Droid since it'll be an upgrade from it.
  15. DarbagDarbag

and if it is the omap 3640, then it will be 1ghz too
  16. iamrobk

Yeah, I hope they spring for that and don't just settle for the 3630. Regardless, we'd still be able to overclock the 3630 to 1GHz plus just like the Droid (and probably higher, since its 45nm), so I'm not too worried.
    DarbagDarbag likes this.
  17. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I believe bill already said 3630. Don't get caught up in numbers you probably won't notice the difference between 700-800mhz and 1ghz, except in the battery.
  18. DarbagDarbag

that is good to know plus another source said that it runs really smooth, so we dont have to worry about speed
  19. dblack9

dblack9 Well-Known Member

have officially jumped ship from the incredible to this.
    if im going to pay $200 for a phone without a keyboard, it's gotta have 4.3in screen.
    that phone is NICE.
  20. iamrobk

Yeah, I know, but I'm a firm believer that I'd rather have too much power than too little. Hence why I overclock my computer (and have actually partially fried my CPU >_< lol)
  21. Amu

Amu Well-Known Member

Lol, so true, unless if you don't know how to even use a tenth of the processor's power lol.
  22. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I'd bet 90% of the time you won't even be using 50% of it's power.
  23. iamrobk

Yeah, but it's that 10% when you are that you really appreciate it.
  24. Dustinb

bill23 just confirmed it IS the 3630 ... Winston said that both the 3630 and 3640 use the same GPU and that's what truly makes the difference. Winston also said "Honestly any difference is a perception and not reality."
  25. singer82

singer82 Well-Known Member

Damn. I've been waiting for the incredible but this phone seems awesome! But knowing how long weve been jerked around about it its hard to want to follow another phone. Wish there were better pics. And the shadow would only be a few months after the incerd is supposedly coming. But I'm in need for a new phone!
    Choices, choices!