• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Unofficial Motorola Shadow Thread***

i keep getting them mixed up in that thread,,,,it says its for the mirage/shadow, but all the droid 2 talk is confusing the sh** out of people

Same. I do think he was talking about the Shadow, when he referenced the 4.1" screen and possible removal of MotoBlur. Seems more likely if only because the Droid 2 could possibly become the Nexus Two, and theres no way that wouldn't be stock Android. Plus, I'd be extremely surprised if they could fit a keyboard onto a device with a 4.3" screen without it being too bulky.

Upvote 0
haha, it's amusing seeing people get confused, specially if they haven't read previous posts XD. But, I do think they were talking about the Shadow. The Shadow cannot go under any hardware change in the phase it's at right now, not anymore. If Motorola is to release it this June/July then the hardware must be done by now, with only software changes going on (OS wise/features). Moreover, the Droid 2 can possibly go through one more hardware change, but that's it, since it will be on Bill's hands for "software" patching/bugging/etc.. before the 4th of July. Hmm, can you add two and two together? Is it strange/surprising that Bill will get his hands on the Droid 2 around the time that the Shadow might be released ;)?

Upvote 0
Does anyone think Motorola might end up increasing the resolution on this handset before it's released in light of the new iphone res of 960x640 which will probably be released first?

Doubt it. At this stage they can't do anything to the entire device, but only fix a couple of bugs, and patch them up :). Remember that the Droid 2 will be ready for testing in a couple of months ;)

Upvote 0
Doubt it. At this stage they can't do anything to the entire device, but only fix a couple of bugs, and patch them up :). Remember that the Droid 2 will be ready for testing in a couple of months ;)

Yea, I thought about that after I posted and was reading back through the thread again. While I really like Android and have zero interest in the iphone OS, I can't help but feel I may be taking an envious glance at that new high-res iphone screen.

Upvote 0
Why oh why did I look? Why did I just HAVE to click on this thread and start reading!?!?!

I had an EnV . . . thought I'd be perfectly happy with an Eris . . . then I found this forum . . . now my ears are starting to bleed with the overload of information . . .

Droid, Incredible, N1, Shadow, Droid2 . . . must . . . make . . . a spreadsheet

Ignorance truly is bliss.

Upvote 0
Why oh why did I look? Why did I just HAVE to click on this thread and start reading!?!?!

I had an EnV . . . thought I'd be perfectly happy with an Eris . . . then I found this forum . . . now my ears are starting to bleed with the overload of information . . .

Droid, Incredible, N1, Shadow, Droid2 . . . must . . . make . . . a spreadsheet

Ignorance truly is bliss.

Seriously. haha! And the LG VS740 that should be coming out pretty soon too (Snapdragon+5MP+720p recording+keyboard+800x480 OLED). Good time to be a Verizon customer LOL.

Upvote 0
Three questions...

With the hdmi out, will this allow you to plug into a tv and use it as a monitor while say searching the Internet? Or just show videos/pictures?

Will the shadow have the ability to auto switch to navigation mode?

Will this device utilize the gorilla glass that is used in the droid?

Thx

1. My guess is that the HDMI output will output whatever is on the screen at the time. It SHOULD work that way, anyway.

2. What, with a dock? Probably, if they release one.

3. No one knows at this point.

Upvote 0
hold on a second. If this is going to Verizon then what are the chances of there being an unlocked GSM version for Europe?

First i was let down by the news that there wont be an HTC Evo in europe, but if this is true for the Shadow too then i'll go and cut myself.

*cries*

there wont be an unlocked gsm version

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones