• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unread email count question???

jvetrky1

Lurker
Sep 14, 2010
First, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section...or has already been answered. (I did not find anything via search)

I am EXTREMELY happy with my new Evo 4G but there is one thing that is really bugging me...

Is it possible to change the way Android tallies the unread email count? I would prefer for the count to be reset every time I open my email...instead of it always showing me I have 99+ unread messages! I just want it to tell me I have received "x" number of emails since I last checked!

I know the obvious answer is to mark ALL messages as read...but that is not how I manage my email. I read what I want, I delete what I don't want, and I leave some items as unread in my inbox for ease of finding later.

This seems like I should be an easy fix! I just can't figure it out! Maybe it's a setting or maybe an app? Your help in answering this would be much appreciated! (I can't be the only one with this frustration!)

My Phone: Evo 4G running Android 2.2 *NOT ROOTED*

I have been looking for the same thing and have not found a solution, unfortunately.

The best thing I've come up with is to use GMail so that the counter can exceed "99+", then I go by the menubar icon to know when there are unread messages since I last looked at my inbox.

I also use IMAP with my Google Apps based email account so that if I read the email on my computer or another device, it shows up as "read" on my phone automatically.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones