• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrevoked error follwed by hboot error

So I need help badly to try to recover my phone.

So some background. I wanted to move over some file information to a replacement dinc. I rooted the first phone and used titanium backup for the relavent files. No problem.

So I get the new phone and go to run unrevoked and the problems begin. Unrevoked failed (I wish I remember the exact error message, but it was something about the installation being unsuccessful and it was trying to recover). Instead all it does it reboot over and over again.

So after trolling through forums I thought maybe I needed to go into hboot and run an older version of android. So I downloaded a PB31IMG.zip and put it on the root and ran hboot. It detected it and loaded it but when it checks it, I get the error "older than main version." What I think may be happening is the hboot is newer than the PB31IMG.zip I found. But I cant find a good froyo PB31IMG.zip file to boot from. I dont know how to use the recovery aspect of hboot at all, maybe thats a better option.

I have hboot 0.92.0000 s-on. Any and all help is appreciated.

Also, is it possible to view push files to my sdcard with it in this state? Currently I am borrowing a phone to put files on the sdcard and then putting it back in my phone.

Just run the unrevoked again, also make sure you have the most up to date version number 3.3 go to unrevoked and download the unrevoked forever. this will give you root and S-OFF all at now. Also includes the newest recovery that supports both SCLD and AMOLED. good luck. I've had unrevoked fail before too and just ran it again and all is well.. also make sure HTC SYNC is UNINSTALLED. you may need the HTC drivers though, and the best way to do this is by actually installed HTC sync because it installs the drivers as well, then delete the htc sysn and it keeps the drivers.

Upvote 0
So run unrevoked 3.3 first and then forever?

Edit: Also, I have a new symptom. So I booted it up and it actually made it to the desktop and I thought everything was great, somehow it was fixed. but when I tried to make an outgoing call it wanted me to activate it again, so I did. Activation went normal, but now it hangs up on the HTC Incredible screen with the white background. Is this a radio issue?

Edit 2: Scratch most of that. Battery pulled on the freeze screen and rebooted fine and made an outgoing phone call.

Im still a little hesitant to run unrevoked. Does it work for all dincs or are the newer ones harder?

Edit 3: Randomly rebooted for no reason then got stuck in a reboot cycle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones