• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrevoked for Incredible (Recovery reflash tool/Easy root method)

The recent NAND based stuff that the folks over at Unrevoked have been talking about requires you to have rooted your phone. They mention "mak[ing] this process a bit easier" but they haven't really said much else about what will be required.

We will need users to root their phone once (unfortunately). We are going to make this process a bit easier

Source: http://twitter.com/unrevoked

Reactions: Asterdroid
Upvote 0
The recent NAND based stuff that the folks over at Unrevoked have been talking about requires you to have rooted your phone. They mention "mak[ing] this process a bit easier" but they haven't really said much else about what will be required.

Source: Unrevoked (unrevoked) on Twitter

does that mean rooted users have to root the phone again?

Upvote 0
Well, that's discouraging. I wish they would have just said sometime later this week if that's how long it will actually be.

They could have said nothing...
Or not be doing this at all.
They don't owe us a thing, so let's all just relax.

And no, I am not affiliated with them at all, I just don't want to see this turn into a mob scene demanding answers.

$.02

Upvote 0
They could have said nothing...
Or not be doing this at all.
They don't owe us a thing, so let's all just relax.

And no, I am not affiliated with them at all, I just don't want to see this turn into a mob scene demanding answers.

$.02

lol, so I'm not allowed to wish they had told us more details? It's not like I'm demanding that they "release it right now for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I was just hoping for a more accurate statement. I think your response is a bit premature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones