• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrevoked3: Is your firmware too new?

So you do have amon ra?

Well i would grab titanium backup and setcpu. Titanium backup for apps and setcpu when you flash a kernel. Look at the root info sticky we have. There is plenty if info there that will help you out. If u r not sure what a kernel is, there is a kernel for dummies guide in the sticky as well.

Upvote 0
Iv'e tried just about everything on this forum and i still get the same problem ive reset my evo to factory settings it ive tried it in disk drive mode instead of charge only Iv'e installed unrevoked forever on my root but im not sure if i flashed it, recovery in hboot just reboots my phone and my ship s-on still maybe im not flashing it right i dont know i get the same error from unrevoked 3.32 " firmware too new" help please

Upvote 0
the sighn is wrong Iv'e been coming to this forum for a long time i have an evo now
Ok, well first thing you should do is change your device in your User CP :p.

Regarding your problem, can you report what it says in your bootloader? (version, S-), Radio, etc? That'll help us determine how best to direct you.

Upvote 0
it says Suoersonic EVT2-3 Ship S-on
Microp-041f
Touchpanel-Atmelc03_16ac
Radio-2.15.00.12.19
Dec 21 2011,12:50:32

oh and at the very top it says *** Locked (oow) *** highlighted in pink
So it looks like you have the latest software version (4.67.651.3), which is Gingerbread 2.3.5, and your firmware is in fact "too new" to use unrEVOked. You'll have to follow this guide to unlock your bootloader and gain root access: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/488901-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

EDIT: Got ninja'd . . .

Upvote 0
I got the same error the first time I ran unrevoked too.
My phone is htc desire, adroid 2.2, rom version 2.09
Help me plz!

First and foremost Welcome to AF!!! This is the Evo's All Things Root subforum, and all the information found in it will be related to the Evo 4g. You'll get the assistance you desire (no pun intended) in your phone's subforum.

Desire - All Things Root - Android Forums

Upvote 0
Every thing was good to go coming out from out [Revised] Rooting Gingerbread 2.3.5 Dummies Guide every thing was working with mik rom. Everything was running smoothly up to step 10. Once it ran and did the update. I then tried to unrevoked3 I get error:failed to get root. Is your firmware too new? I also cant get the recovery screen to load fully. It open up to a red phone and freezes there. Once I boot my phone back up it was back to the way it was when I first got my phone. I use check root and I'm not rooted and Superuser is not installed. Can someone please help guide me back on track

Upvote 0
Every thing was good to go coming out from out [Revised] Rooting Gingerbread 2.3.5 Dummies Guide every thing was working with mik rom. Everything was running smoothly up to step 10. Once it ran and did the update. I then tried to unrevoked3 I get error:failed to get root. Is your firmware too new? I also cant get the recovery screen to load fully. It open up to a red phone and freezes there. Once I boot my phone back up it was back to the way it was when I first got my phone. I use check root and I'm not rooted and Superuser is not installed. Can someone please help guide me back on track
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok looks like you are using the captain's method to get fully rooted. out of curiosity does your phone look like what is posted in step 11? just to be sure what is your hboot now? and also what is your radio?

and you will not be able to get to recovery as the PC36IMG file is called a ruu (rom utility updater) and it will install the stock rom and recovery for whatever software version. so you are getting the red triangle with an exclamation mark which means that you do not have access to the stock recovery. this is normal.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
ok.. I seem to be in the same position as the last post. I tried everything that's been suggested in this forum but I am here..
I've got S-off
I have PC36IMG on my SD card and when I try recovery I get a red triangle
yet I still get the "is your firmware too new?" and when I type in su in terminal emulator it shows up $

any ideas?? I'm ridiculously frustrated with this and I'm losing hope

Upvote 0
ok.. I seem to be in the same position as the last post. I tried everything that's been suggested in this forum but I am here..
I've got S-off
I have PC36IMG on my SD card and when I try recovery I get a red triangle
yet I still get the "is your firmware too new?" and when I type in su in terminal emulator it shows up $

any ideas?? I'm ridiculously frustrated with this and I'm losing hope
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok so there is no need to re-root your phone as you already have s-off. so you are partially rooted. to finish it off you will need a custom recovery which you do not have at the moment (the red triangle when you try and select recovery is because you have the stock recovery which you do not have access to).

and which PC36IMG file do you have? if it is for a custom recovery then you have to make sure of two things:

1. is it name properly. it needs to be named exactly PC36IMG do not add an additional .zip to the name as windows by default hides extensions. if you have it so that the extensions are showing then you will need to keep the zip to the name.

2. also make sure that you have the file on the root of the sd card that means not in any folder. it needs to be on the top level of the sd card.

and out of curiosity what is your hboot and how did you root your phone?

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Hello akazaban and member. I

Attachments

• IMG_4663.JPG
    IMG_4663.JPG
    1,002.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4664.JPG
    IMG_4664.JPG
    758.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4666.JPG
    IMG_4666.JPG
    694.3 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones