Unroot return to Verizon question

Last Updated:

1. blubill

blubill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My camera on my Droid has stopped working and because it's within the 30 days of me activating the phone they offered to give me a Droid X instead with only paying the restocking fee. I am pretty sure I am going to take this deal, but the question I have is:

When I revert to stock adroid and do the OTA update to 2.1 do I also need to downgrade my baseband or does that do that automatically? Just curious because I'd really like to return the phone with no traces of the root.

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

if you use the 2.0.1 sbf I think it changes your baseband, but it actually doesnt really matter since the 2.1 update does for sure flash a new baseband and they will set it to what it should be.

blubill likes this.
  3. blubill

Thanks OMJ, I think I saw in one of your other posts where you linked how to do the sbf file/method. I'm searching for it yet, but no luck.

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

In the Guide to All Things Root Related the second post. Thats all about how to sbf back to 2.0.1

blubill likes this.
  5. blubill

Thanks again, you do a great service here to a lot of people.

6. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

Just to verify, it DOES downgrade your baseband. I just reverted to stock 2.0.1 and did the OTA to 2.1 and my baseband is the original one. Nice going on getting a free X lol! Gratz. I'd take one...maybe.

7. blubill

Yea it was a tough situation.....I was in the zoo with my family and the camera wasn't working. I think I had their pity on my side lol.

8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

9. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

WHY ON EARTH would YOU have to pay a restocking fee for a warranty replacement of a phone within 30 days of purchase?! You're actually going to give them money to replace something that they HAVE to replace anyway?? Just curious.