• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unroot return to Verizon question

blubill

Jun 23, 2010
Illinois
www.billywaddell.net
My camera on my Droid has stopped working and because it's within the 30 days of me activating the phone they offered to give me a Droid X instead with only paying the restocking fee. I am pretty sure I am going to take this deal, but the question I have is:

When I revert to stock adroid and do the OTA update to 2.1 do I also need to downgrade my baseband or does that do that automatically? Just curious because I'd really like to return the phone with no traces of the root.

My camera on my Droid has stopped working and because it's within the 30 days of me activating the phone they offered to give me a Droid X instead with only paying the restocking fee. I am pretty sure I am going to take this deal, but the question I have is:

When I revert to stock adroid and do the OTA update to 2.1 do I also need to downgrade my baseband or does that do that automatically? Just curious because I'd really like to return the phone with no traces of the root.

if you use the 2.0.1 sbf I think it changes your baseband, but it actually doesnt really matter since the 2.1 update does for sure flash a new baseband and they will set it to what it should be.

Reactions: blubill
Upvote 0
My camera on my Droid has stopped working and because it's within the 30 days of me activating the phone they offered to give me a Droid X instead with only paying the restocking fee.
WHY ON EARTH would YOU have to pay a restocking fee for a warranty replacement of a phone within 30 days of purchase?! You're actually going to give them money to replace something that they HAVE to replace anyway?? Just curious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones