• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unrooting and factory reset question

caspian915

Jul 1, 2011
I just received a replacement Elite because it's been giving me all sorts of problems (though admittedly I'm hoping to sell this one and buy an HTC EVO V... please dont' hate).

Since I have to send the old one back to Virgin Mobile, I want to unroot it and reapply the stock OS (and factory reset everything). Do I need to do this before I switch the phone number and data connection to my new phone?

I assume I don't, but I just want to make sure...

I just received a replacement Elite because it's been giving me all sorts of problems (though admittedly I'm hoping to sell this one and buy an HTC EVO V... please dont' hate).

Since I have to send the old one back to Virgin Mobile, I want to unroot it and reapply the stock OS (and factory reset everything). Do I need to do this before I switch the phone number and data connection to my new phone?

I assume I don't, but I just want to make sure...

No, switch first. Anything that requires data, you can use WiFi for, or SD cards.

Reactions: caspian915
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones