• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unwanted apps automatically loading after factory reset

I've done a factory reset multiple times on my Note 3 and as soon as it is powered back on many apps that I NEVER put on my phone automatically start loading. One is SMS Relay...which I have not loaded to my phone.

The key to success is to progress slowly upon proceeding through the setup routine after the reset is completed. You will be presented with a few screens to read as you move forward.

One of which will have checkboxes and questions. It will offer to backup and restore automatically, it will also have checkmarks which you must uncheck.

Once you do that all the apps you've purchased using that account no matter what handset you ordered them for, will not be installed on your phone. Upon completion of setup you'll have the phone without any of your apps on it. A complete fresh start.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones