• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Up and running, and have a few questions, and a mini review

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
Great phone. Noticing the bump up in speed, usability and app integration.

1: Is there a list of bloatware I can safely remove using ADB?

2: Now that I have the phone dialed in, have all my prefs and things the way I like them, will the coming Oreo update change anything?

3: I use the custom voice command to wake up the lock screen, and "OK google" for everything else. I noticed something. You can use voice to get INTO apps, and even to command the app to do stuff, (In this case the camera) but do not respond (that I know of) to any "close app" or "shut down camera" type commands.

4: I learned that my model, LG H932, for T-Mobile cannot be rooted. Booo, BUT. I forgot how to move all my active apps to the sd card . Any pointers?

Notes: I now have a totally silent, (even the camera shutter noise and annoying "opening app" voice from the camera, which I silenced using Cameramute) completely black desktop with hidden buttons, and They are black as well and disappear, and using folder sizing, by Nova launcher, minimal icons provided by Min.
Along those lines, I installed Elegant dialer black theme, and use Textra for SMS. (Highly recommended)

I am now considering the best case to get, or if I should even get one. The one provided appears fairly durable as is the phone, but I don;t know how mush impact it is tested for.

I use WSKen magnetic charger connections, to save my phone charger port from getting damaged, (which they always eventually do) it's not quite as cool as a totally wireless charger, but for the same price as one wireless charger I got three connectors that just click together and start charging, and three chargers to go with them.

Enjoying the rear mounted fingerprint scanner, as the sole power button since my old phone, (My beloved Motorola Moto X Pure which you will not doubt hear me prattle on about, the way a tired old executive waxes romantic about his high school sweetheart) which had it's volume buttons and the power button too damned close on the same side resulting in inadvertent shutdowns.

Phone feels light.

Camera seems to make things kind of Orange or brownish, and I don't know much about camera settings
advice welcomed.

Transfering my metroPCS account was as easy as switching my sim chip to the new phone and calling Metro PCS with me IMEI number. I;m probably five years late realizing it, but I can't believe I ever paid for this.

Thanks!
PM

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones