Upcoming Android phones?...

Last Updated:

1. cfmistry

cfmistry Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I'm a current BB user ready to switch to the Android systems. I was excited to get an HTC Incredible, but now I'm worried that better and greater phones are popping up every month. I know technology progresses fast, but I don't want to get an Incredible only to have a much nicer version come out in a month. Does anyone know any upcoming phones similar to the Incredible?

Thanks for anything you have to offer,
    -Cyrus

Advertisement
  2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

There will always be a better phone coming out in a month or two. I suggest you learn to live with what you have.

That being said, the rumor is that the Moto Shadow (no keyboard) will be out in June and the Moto Droid 2 (with keyboard) will be out in July.

3. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

Then there's also the "October phone" (which is now due in December). ;) Not much is known about that phone except that it's better than the Shadow and Droid 2... which is obvious since it's going to be here 6 months later.

4. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Probably LTE capable.

5. mdeamicis

mdeamicis Well-Known Member

actually, the shadow or the droid 2 is supposed to be LTE, i forgot which one.

6. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Nope. That's a different phone...the one Scooter mentioned.

7. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I'm looking online and everything I can find on the shadow says it is going to have a physical keyboard. I think June/July is going to be big for smartphones and I am upgrading my phone by the end of July. A physical keyboard is a dealbreaker for me. Is there a phone coming out that anyone knows of that will not have a keyboard, or am I going to have to get the Incredible?

8. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

9. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

10. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

If you're always waiting on something better to come out, you'll never have a phone.

11. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

Shadow will not have a keyboard. For reliable, accurate information, read the Howardforums threads and stay away from Gizmodo. They have no idea what they're talking about (though they do now have another picture). Link.

[​IMG]

The word on the Shadow is now that it's looking more like August for a release date. :( I'm now looking for a used MotoDroid to hold me over until then. My Crackberry isn't going to hold out for that long.

12. Jack25

Jack25 New Member

I'm in a similar position except that the only thing bothering me about the Incredible is what I keep reading about problems with signal strength and call quality. I don't want something as big as the Shadow, but the delay to get my hands on an Incredible suggests that it might take forever to get a replacement if there's something wrong with the first one I get.

13. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Actually, now the next best phone is supposed to be the HTC "Scorpian" with a 1.5gHz Snapdragon. We can never keep up!

14. Slingshot

Slingshot Well-Known Member

The best thing to do is when you get your next phone, never visit any of these sites for a least a year. Then you will have no regrets.

XDaydreamerX11 and SCARLETnGREY like this.
  15. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member

I don't think the OP stated or meant to state that he was stymied on newer technology, but wants to wait I'd something is imminent. And yes, there's always something on the horizon, but I'm too in the same boat, with a new droid being imminent.

16. ckeegan

ckeegan Well-Known Member

I just seriously hope HTC brings something Android to the market, with a Touch Pro2 keyboard. My NE2 isn't until May 2011, but I'd buy something before then, if I thought it was worth it. If NE2 was still $100, it'd be worth waiting, but $50, please.

Among all the Scorpion rumors, I've never seen anything mentioning a QWERTY. Seriously HTC, it should be a no-brainer.

17. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

The Droix X looks like it has the makings of a good phone. I haven't really looked into the Shadow though. What do you guys think of Motorola? The Q really put a bad taste in my mouth regarding Moto. Have they gotten better?

18. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Shadow is the Motorola code name for the Droid X. ;)

19. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Thanks, I just saw that on another site lol

20. ckeegan

I just posted this somewhere else, but since I looked it all up, I thought I would post it here.

I would be surprised if we didn't see HTC bring something to Verizon this fall, although we haven't seen any leaks, other than Conflippers finding about the Scorpion/Olympian.

Just a little more to add some fuel to the fire. HTC's Verizon release schedule:

QWERTY
    HTC Harrier - November 2004
    HTC Apache - February 2006 (odd delays, believe me, I know)
    HTC Titan - December 2007
    HTC Raphael - November 2008
    HTC Rhodium - September 2009

Non-QWERTY
    HTC Vogue - April 2008
    HTC Diamond - April 2009
    HTC Droid Incredible - April 2010

Seems like a pretty obvious pattern to me. Sometime in 4th quarter most likely, but I'd love to see some more leaked info soon.

I am not suggesting that the Scorpion would be a QWERTY, but it's not impossible. This is really one of the first times HTC hasn't had a QWERTY in Verizon's lineup in 6 years.

21. ravis217

ravis217 Member

Why is the Eris not on this?

22. ckeegan

Sorry, November 2009.

Some things are just so forgettable! ;)

XDaydreamerX11 likes this.
  23. tuggy24g

tuggy24g Well-Known Member

Any other news of new phones coming out in the future?

24. ckeegan

Well, not that it's news, but the Droid 2 is coming at some point in the future. At least it was pictured in the summer/fall device catalog, not that it nails down a date in any way. I would love for it to come out before my trip in early August, but not likely.

I was really hoping for an HTC Android device (preferably w/ keyboard) before the end of the year, but we haven't even seen any FCC filing yet, which typically happens 4 months prior to launch. At least that's been the lead time in the past, for HTC devices released in 3rd/4th quarter.

25. eddie33081

eddie33081 Well-Known Member

Any other phones coming out? Im on the fence as to whether I should upgrade to a Droid X from my Droid1.