• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update Available From Sprint

After the update, I am seeing 2 annoying issues:

1. sense UI keep restarting - what I mean is I would listen to music while moving around google maps, and other apps. when I click the home screen to go back to home, I see a blank screen with an update circle spinning as thought sense UI is booting up.

2. the phone lags when I listen to music and the phone pulls down an email message. The song I am playing would pause a lot until the email update is complete. Has HTC or Android heard of background processing? jebus!

Upvote 0
So I am currently still at a 1.5 as far as firmware goes. I have read through this whole thread and am as curious as to whether I should download the update or wait for 2.0? If I do wait will I still have to do the 1.56 update first before I can update to 2.0?

Oh one more question, how do you back up phone contacts? I am clueless coming from a palm?

Thank You

Upvote 0
I don't think you would have to install 1.56 if you wait and as far as contact backup if you have a google account your contacts are saved there so after you update, go back and register your google account via hero. Then all of your contacts will come back. Make sure though your contacts are saved in your google email account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones