• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update coming....

Coming from the Vibrant I'm absolutely loving the MT4G. It's everything you hoped that vibrant would be. I know know championed the Vibrant a lot, but I really didn't know what I was missing. No, the screen isn't near as sharp and the Vibrant, but I've gotten used to that already. Everything else is fantastic. Oh I do miss the android keyboard. The keyboards on this are awful. I'm experimenting with some trials from the market.

Please drag your *** over to the proper area of this forum so we can enjoy missing your posts...... I certainly hope your mt4g experience will not annoy the crap out of the new forum....

WE WONT MISS YOU

GOODBYE!

:D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
it looks good for a 3.8inch stft screen. Never was a big fan of samoled/amoled. the colors while nice, looked oversaturated and fake.

Considering getting the HTC HD7.

I really want an HTC phone and windows phone 7 looks awesome. and, while only 2,000 apps strong, the new windows mobile 7 app store looks VERY promising. its not going to be as free and open as the android store which has benefits. The android store may have, lets say, 60,000 apps but how many of them are absolute GARBAGE. I'd say maybe 10 - 15k of the apps out of the 60,000 are worth their weight in silver. Windows mobile 7 is going to be pushed HARD by microsoft. so you bet gaming companies like konami, ubisoft, gameloft, and so on will take notice and advantage. the line of phone and portable gaming is blurring. and it will be totally blown out of the water once, if its real, the psp phone launches.

Android Apps reached 100,000 last week. Or was it this week? One of the two. And many are garbage just like many are garbage in the Apple store and many will be garbage in Windows app store. Fact is though that many will be useful.

Im not one to switch phones every 6 months or every year or have more than one phone at a time, so we'll see what happens with the Vibrant. I may switch sooner than usual if they keep dicking around with the updates on this. Ill check out the Windows phone but initually it dont excite me much. I do like the possibilities that Android has going forward. Just dont like being so far behind with Samsung.

Upvote 0
Please drag your *** over to the proper area of this forum so we can enjoy missing your posts...... I certainly hope your mt4g experience will not annoy the crap out of the new forum....

WE WONT MISS YOU

GOODBYE!

Ouch that was mean. Pantelesspanguin has not once been rude to a single person on the Vibrant forum. I've never read anything rude or negative towards other people coming from her, that was kinda mean.

You don't even need a phone to post on this site, it is open to everyone :p

I WILL MISS YOU PANTLESSPENGUIN. And I hope you continue to post here, so you can compare and contrast the two phones for us.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

WE WONT MISS YOU

GOODBYE!

Actually i would rather see her posts than yours. So I kindly ask you to pick up your ball and go home.

Probably going to pick up a MT4G before i go to work. Seeing as i require a GPS for my job and my wife needs her phone (the vibrant), i will be out of a gps.

Upvote 0
ya i'm thinking it is a hoax too, taking way to long for that guy to pull it off his phone, but who knows, hopefully it is not a hoax!

It's not his phone. It's his bosses phone, and they work at T-Mobile.

He has pulled the files off the phone, and is going to upload them to Eugene from what I gather. We'll find out in a few hours!

Upvote 0
Actually i would rather see her posts than yours. So I kindly ask you to pick up your ball and go home.

Probably going to pick up a MT4G before i go to work. Seeing as i require a GPS for my job and my wife needs her phone (the vibrant), i will be out of a gps.

Checked out a MT4G Today. Really like the phone. Thin, no keyboard, worked great. One thing i noticed was the ringer volume wasnt quite as loud as i like though. Ran fast and smooth.
Played Angry Birds on it side by side with my phone and the one big thing that jumped out to me was......my Vibrant has a really blue tint to it compared the the MT4G. Liked the MT4G screen better in that respect but it wasnt quite as sharp but was good enough as far as i was concerned. Still looked good.

I dont notice every nit pik detail and i still never noticed the things under the screen of the Vibrant that SammyV said he noticed under his when it was turned off. Cant even remember what it was but it was something you needed (imo) some kind of super vision to see because i couldnt see it.

Anyways the screen is a bit smaller (3.8" compared to 4") but pictures and video looked pretty good to me.

One thing i didnt take the time to do was check out all the options on the phone such as the music player options, phone book options and so forth. Still dont know if it has LED notifications or not.

Upvote 0
One thing i didnt take the time to do was check out all the options on the phone such as the music player options, phone book options and so forth. Still dont know if it has LED notifications or not.

The music player is REALLY nice! It's part of a bigger "app" called media room, which combines all multimedia into one place.

I liked the phone book & stock text app better on the vibrant.

And yes, the MT4G has LED notifications. The LED is pretty tiny & kind of weak (I'm used to the in-your-face notifications on the bb), but I guess it does the trick

Upvote 0
The music player is REALLY nice! It's part of a bigger "app" called media room, which combines all multimedia into one place.

I liked the phone book & stock text app better on the vibrant.

And yes, the MT4G has LED notifications. The LED is pretty tiny & kind of weak (I'm used to the in-your-face notifications on the bb), but I guess it does the trick

The Vibrant has a lot of options for the music to make it sound in many different variety's asside from the 5.1ch which i think also sounds very good. So if the music player is really good on the MT4G, then thats a good feature.
I dont really like that it only has 4GB of internal memory though. Love the 16 we get in the Vibrant but to have that we dont get camera flash which to some is a big deal. To me i dont really care if it has it or not. Would be real nice to have the FFC though.

Upvote 0
I dont really like that it only has 4GB of internal memory though. Love the 16 we get in the Vibrant but to have that we dont get camera flash which to some is a big deal. To me i dont really care if it has it or not. Would be real nice to have the FFC though.

I agree with you there. However, I know I'll never ever fill the alloted space on the MT4G, let alone the Vibrant. I have my SD card for that, & even then I'm only using a bit under 3gig of my 8gig card. However, it was nice just to KNOW I had all that space available to me on the Vibrant, in case I ever needed it :).

Upvote 0
So tomorrow morning I'm going to tmo and getting a mytouch 4g. If I'm not completely happy with it by Monday I'm gong to exchange it for an HTC HD7 and completely drop android. Well until 3.0 comes out.. atleast that's if Google sticks to their guns about 3.0 ; you know all the stuff they're going to do to stop all of the fragmentation. No custom ui's and such.

Upvote 0
Confirmed hoax. Don't believe everything you read next time :)

He fooled a lot of other people on XDA too.

Ya that was one big hoax for sure, even had eugene and sombionix fooled.
I was refreshing constantly waiting for him to upload the system dumb

Some people think djquick=ebaitr8

Dunno, either way djquick started some major drama over at xda.

Upvote 0
So tomorrow morning I'm going to tmo and getting a mytouch 4g. If I'm not completely happy with it by Monday I'm gong to exchange it for an HTC HD7 and completely drop android. Well until 3.0 comes out.. atleast that's if Google sticks to their guns about 3.0 ; you know all the stuff they're going to do to stop all of the fragmentation. No custom ui's and such.

Well i did mess a little with the HD7 and i didnt like it. IMO Android is a better system and you can still customize it a lot more. I also just didnt like that the home page on the HD7 will always be those boxes. You can t put something else on it like a background or a picture you took.
But, thats me.

Upvote 0
Ya that was one big hoax for sure, even had eugene and sombionix fooled.
I was refreshing constantly waiting for him to upload the system dumb

Some people think djquick=ebaitr8

Dunno, either way djquick started some major drama over at xda.

LMAO, I know it was great. Then 3 members pm'd me apologizing for assuming that ebaitr8 was me; after I took screenshots of the pm's he and I had and I forwarded them to the 3 members.

Upvote 0
I'm eager to hear your opinions!

I havent gotten it yet. I did some research and i can get it at radioshack for $150 but.. i dont like getting phones / plans from non corporate stores. Have never had good luck with ''authorized retialers". Im trying to get t-mobile to give it to my for the same price..or atleast 200 (minus the stupid rebate)

I'm also considering buying it out right. Ik now if you dont have the $450 upfront, you can have it chopped up in to 4 installments on the next 4 bills.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones