• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update help

Hi everybody. This my first post here, I'm hoping that someone could give me some advice on using PC companion to update my Sony Ericsson Live with walkman, (W19i).

I installed PC companion for the first time today even though Iv'e had the phone for over a year now, so it was no surprise when a notification telling that an android update, But when I follow the onscreen instructions it just doesn't work for me and an error message pops up saying something like "having trouble updating? no problem you can start again from step one".

I am wondering if I have to change a setting on the phone before it will work properly?

OS is windows 8

Thanks for reading

Neil

I just realized that it thinks my phone is experia... could it be that my phone was not designed to take this update.

DSC_0041-2.jpg

could it be that the instructions to follow are for a different model of phione?
DSC_0039-2.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones