• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help update to lollipop missed (no download mode/fastboot commands not work)!

hakim31

Lurker
May 24, 2015
hi friends, I am new to this forum I need your help
frown.gif

because I wanted to do the update my D802 / 32gb (4.4.2 to 5.0.1) with the "LGMobile Support Tool"
unfortunately its not working properly because there is still blocked on the LG logo
crying.gif

Of course I tried to do the "Factory Reset" but he starts normally then reboot its even started
Download mode not work, because it is against the Fastboot Mode

it displays:
[1410] Fastboot mode started
[1510] - reset -
[1520] - portchang -
[1570] fastboot: processing commands

I'm stuck in fastboot my problem is:
1- My device is normally detected without any problem
2- When I type a command it does not.

For example:
I type "fastboot erase boot" command appears on the screen G2 my stay there but I did not get a 'okay'

Supplementary information

LG G2 phone D802 / 32Gb
Version android before update D80220b 4.4.2
Version android updated D80230a 5.0.1
Windows 8.1 pro

thank you in advance for your help friendly
good.gif

zopr.jpg

wf8t.jpg

wg8y.jpg

Last edited:
I need help

Soft bricked my g2 d802 32gb.

Stock kitkat but rooted. SuperSU.
Can enter recovery and download mode.
Don't know if it has stock or custom recovery.

How can I unbrick it without losing my pictures.

Updated to lollipop via LG support tool and let everything complete.
Stuck on LG logo since.

Upvote 0
hey there i'm experiencing the same problem my fasboot commands doesn't work, i'm able to enter in this recovery
i was able to enter in this recovery
android system recovery <3e>
LRX22G

volume up/down to move highlight:
enter button to select

reboot system now
apply update from adb
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
reboot to bootloader
power down
view recover logs
apply update from sdcard

[Recovery.cpp [main()] ########### factory reset s art ###########, Thu Jan 1 00:00:58 1970

i already try flashing adb from sideload but everytime the sideload stops at 47% and then it says transfer x1.00 but in the phone screen it says installation aborted

so the only way it's to force the the bulk mode? do you think this problem could be solved using an octopus box? thank you!

Upvote 0
hey there i'm experiencing the same problem my fasboot commands doesn't work, i'm able to enter in this recovery
i was able to enter in this recovery
android system recovery <3e>
LRX22G

volume up/down to move highlight:
enter button to select

reboot system now
apply update from adb
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
reboot to bootloader
power down
view recover logs
apply update from sdcard

[Recovery.cpp [main()] ########### factory reset s art ###########, Thu Jan 1 00:00:58 1970

i already try flashing adb from sideload but everytime the sideload stops at 47% and then it says transfer x1.00 but in the phone screen it says installation aborted

so the only way it's to force the the bulk mode? do you think this problem could be solved using an octopus box? thank you!

That doesn't sound like a G2 stock recovery? You running a G2 or another LG model? If other, the bulk mode fix may not work for you.

edit: nevermind i guess you do have a g2, noticed your other thread here:
http://androidforums.com/threads/he...e-bootloop-no-recovery-mode-hardbrick.925193/

Anyway, having stock recovery is a curse in your situation. Without it, you'd get fastboot mode most likely. The only fix I've seen work from your situation is forcing bulk.

Upvote 0
That doesn't sound like a G2 stock recovery? You running a G2 or another LG model? If other, the bulk mode fix may not work for you.

edit: nevermind i guess you do have a g2, noticed your other thread here:
http://androidforums.com/threads/he...e-bootloop-no-recovery-mode-hardbrick.925193/

Anyway, having stock recovery is a curse in your situation. Without it, you'd get fastboot mode most likely. The only fix I've seen work from your situation is forcing bulk.

thanks for the reply man, do you think this brick could be solved using JTAG or octopus box? this is because i don't have the knowledge and the tools to circuit the capacitors and force bulk thank you!

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply man, do you think this brick could be solved using JTAG or octopus box? this is because i don't have the knowledge and the tools to circuit the capacitors and force bulk thank you!

I've not heard of anyone using those methods on this device since my dealing with it on a regular basis since September, 2013. I did once hear it was not compatible with jtag but honestly, I can't verify. That was early on and I've not heard anything regarding jtag or similar method ever since.

The xda thread explaining how to force bulk is quite good and has pics. It's your best bet imo. You don't really need knowledge other than to follow the directions.

Reactions: thedoctor13th
Upvote 0
I've not heard of anyone using those methods on this device since my dealing with it on a regular basis since September, 2013. I did once hear it was not compatible with jtag but honestly, I can't verify. That was early on and I've not heard anything regarding jtag or similar method ever since.

The xda thread explaining how to force bulk is quite good and has pics. It's your best bet imo. You don't really need knowledge other than to follow the directions.
well thanks man, it sounds that i most likely to force the qhsbulk anyway i don't have anything to loose, have you heard about any video showing this tutorial or maybe some tool to fix fastboot commands? i already tried the SRK tool from xda and the commands doesn't work neither :( thanks again

Upvote 0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/general/lg-g2-unbrickable-fix-real-hard-brick-t2904404

^^That thread explains the vast majority of it. He links a video but it's not totally ideal because it's goal is removing the entire motherboard and you don't need to do that. It does however give you a good idea of how to ACCESS the motherboard (see my edit below for details on that). To short the capacitors on the mobo, it can stay in the phone. I can help you on freenode IRC, channel #lg-irc if you want. Instant chat is highly advantageous for doing this. You'll need to get your back cover removed and have a phillips screwdriver that's small enough to remove the little screws in there. If you have that, you're pretty much set to undertake the project. It essentially requires a jeweler's screwdriver set, or one helluva small phillips head screwdriver. If you DO have a jeweler's screwdriver set but it doesn't contain a small enough phillips driver, you can substitute a 3/64" flat blade screwdriver instead. Many of the rinky dink sets (mine included) don't provide a small enough phillips to do the job.

edit:
in that video he links, you need to stop at the 3:12 mark. Everything after that doesn't apply. You'll see he didn't show the step to remove the copper colored ribbon cables that go up either side of the phone. Basically, there are 2 ribbon cable connectors for those which you can pry up to disconnect, then you can pull them back like he did at the 3:12 mark. Then you can see on either side of the power/volume buttons there is some sticky looking brownish tape. You need to pry that whole arrangement upward (both brown tape areas and the power/volume buttons). It's sticky, go slow. Once you have that removed, you'll reveal the motherboard. Then go back to the xda thread to see how to short the capacitors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Long story short, once you get bulk mode working, you use linux (or worst case, a linux virtual machine environment) to fix the partitions as described here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2582142

What they do is use dd commands to rewrite the partitions back to the eMMc. However, the one VERY important difference is that instead of writing the partitions listed there, you instead should write aboot, boot, dbi, laf, rpm, sbl1 and tz. You can find your phone's partitions here:
http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/

Writing the above mentioned partitions should fix your download mode. When done with that, unplug phone, power off entirely by long pressing power button for NO LESS than 15 seconds. Then press and hold volume up while at the same time plugging into a windows machine. If you get download mode, then follow the instructs here to flash stock firmware to recover phone entirely:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey man, have a couple of news

when i boot up the device and then i plug into the pc, my device manager recognize the PORT COM41 for a seconds and then it dissapears, should i try the TOT method before i try to force qhsbulk? thank you!

You can certainly try. Make sure you have the LG United Drivers installed.

Reactions: thedoctor13th
Upvote 0
You can certainly try. Make sure you have the LG United Drivers installed.
well nothing happen, i click the OK button after adding the dll and the TOT file, then i click the yellow arrow the COM41 says "ready" but after that nothing happens, i should had tried this before i lost my download mode :(, going to try now forcing bulk regards

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
I'll be on IRC in about 30 minutes. I go by the nick Ncrypt3d on IRC. See you in a bit.
hey man :) sorry to bother you again, as you know i'm trying to flash my kdz using flashtools but now i'm getting this error, the device is plugged in the pc being in firmware update so i don't know why it doesn't recognized thanks
[img=[URL]http://k46.kn3.net/B/D/1/7/2/0/447.png][/URL]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones