• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help updated to 2.1, Google now German!

global2

Mar 29, 2010
Just did my OTA update to 2.1 on my new Droid, but my Google browser defaults to German language. Tried Google settings, Droid settings, can't seem to change. I even powered off and back. I used the Select Location in Google, but it can't seem to find my location, though I have enabled GPS location. For now, I have to scroll down and select Google in English option on the Google mobile home page every time I go to browser. Any help appreciated and has anyone else had this happen?

Found a workaround: Opened browser, clicked Google in English at bottom of portal page, made it a bookmark favorite. The went to homepage, added the shortcut to the Favorite (Google in English), then trashed the original Google browser icon off the Homepage. Whew!! Not bad for a newbie with only one cup of coffee in me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones