• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

updating rooted LG Stylo 2 plus (T-mobile)

DeezNutz420

Oct 26, 2016
Hello, I have my Stylo 2 plus rooted with TWRP via boot loader. I see android 7.0 is now out but when I try and update via the phone itself it just reboots in to TWRP. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find the update to flash it myself? When my phone auto-downloads android updates does it save it to a folder in the root?. Any help would he greatly appreciated.

Hello, I have my Stylo 2 plus rooted with TWRP via boot loader. I see android 7.0 is now out but when I try and update via the phone itself it just reboots in to TWRP. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find the update to flash it myself? When my phone auto-downloads android updates does it save it to a folder in the root?. Any help would he greatly appreciated.
you need to update via pc using LG bridge or similar, and you will need to reroot afterwards sorry. yes it is downloaded to root directory
I think the file is actually called UPDATE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones