• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrade HTC Desire > Sensation XE

barneystuta

Nov 9, 2010
A quick question really, as this is my first "Android" upgrade. Going from HTC > HTC so hoping that Google/Android/HTC will make this straight forward.

I basically want to:

a) Copy all my contacts/calendar/etc over. I assume this will just "Sync" with my Gmail/Google account, and should be straight forward?

b) Copy all my Apps/Data over in the Apps. Angry Birds progression for example. My Desire is currently rooted, and I will root my Sensation XE when it arrives, so can I use something like Titanium Back-up?

c) Is there anything I forgot?

Is it that straight forward to do? I am hoping so. Obviously my SD card I can just copy all my music/pictures etc to that, but the internal storage I want to copy also (the Apps/profiles/etc).

a) should be taken care of assuming your contacts are google ones

b) Titanium should cover this one just make sure you're restoring user apps and data only. Would have thought that your Sensation would need to be rooted first to restore data though?

Are you using an A2sd or D2sd rom at the moment?

Upvote 0
Yeah, that is a point, I think I am. One of the LeeDroid Ones. So, unless the HTC Sensation XE has a ROM similar, it may mess things up?

I will do it the old fashioned way first, just re-donload all the apps I use. I used Angry Birds as an example, but it isn't even a game I play (or have on my phone), so I don't think I will "lose" anything I really need (as long as my contacts are there, my pics/music transfers over, then will be happy days).

And, am I right in thinking that my Apps are synced to my Google Account, so any paid App's, I can download again for *free* that right?

Upvote 0
Yes, you can download your paid apps from the market without paying for them again.

Contacts can be transferred easily, just sync them with your Google account. (If they are not synced already, my phone did it automatically when i set up the account.) You might be able to do it via HTC sync too, if Leedroid supports it.

Using Titanium or something similar (I prefer MyBackup root), apps can be transferred too, i did it between Sense and AOSP custom ROM-s without any problems a couple of times. Well, that's not exactly true some applications had problems sometimes, but most of them worked and still work fine. I don't know about Titanium, but MyBackup can also backup and restore contacts, messages, calendar events, etc. So maybe you can do it all with one app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones