• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade?

n0ct3m

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
Mississippi
I was in the verizon store a few weeks back checking on when I could upgrade and they told me I wasn't able to until Sept. This week, I got an email from Verizon saying that my phone was available for upgrade. I'm the primary line on my account so I'm guessing this is why (being 1 year and all), but I thought the new policy changed that. Am I really able to get an upgrade now? Or am I stuck waiting until Sept.?

Your golden ticket is the letter from Verizon. If that says you have an upgrade, then you sir have an upgrade. What does your eligibility say online? They've made a few mistakes on my account which subsequently resulted in me having upgrades available. Also some times they do this to a specific group of users based on things like location, length of service, type of phone you have...

Upvote 0
I would pay the extra 70 bucks for the phone and get a one year contract. That way, you can upgrade every ten months. If you do a two yrar, you will NOT get to do any more annual upgrades. That is how the new policy works. So you will still have to fullfill your original two year contract, but you will be getting a new phone half way through! Then another one in ten months.....

Upvote 0
eric was right. Anyone who was already on track to be eligible for their annual upgrade (your 1 year special for being the primary) was still able to get it. All that changed is that as of the 16th no one else will be able to get that availability put onto their line. If you upgraded on the 15th and you're the primary, you'll still be able to use your annual upgrade in 1 year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones