• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

upgrade

myunk47

Lurker
Jan 26, 2013
hi to all i have just purchased a galaxy s2 its a nice phone and quite responsive, it as ics op system could i upgrade it to jelly bean? if so how do i do it, please could someone guide me through the process and is it worth the bother ???
i am new to this rooting stuff and am not sure about things, i am a IT tutor but in office and networking, i sort of know my stuff, but phones are not my thing so any help would be great

awaiting your kind reply

paul

Welcome to the forums myunk47.

To my knowledge, Samsung hasn't released an official update to the Galaxy S2 to bring it up to Jelly Bean. I do know that they are close though, at least for the international versions. There is also custom roms that might help you accomplish this as well if you are into rooting your device. Which version do you have? (international or which carrier).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones