• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*urgent* how to freeze internet access?

hasnain721

Lurker
Apr 17, 2010
Hi guys,

So i am ridin solo on my my monthly free internet allowance. I get 500mb n ive only got 36mb left for the rest of the month! So bassikly i wanna freeze all internet access, except through the browser and my email (which updates every hour). Is it possible to block all other internet access plz?

Thanks!

Perhaps this app? I haven't used it myself so can't vouch for it, but a firewall seems to be the sort of thing you are after and the reviews of this one aren't bad. Also this one seems to offer app by app control rather than the usual SMS/MMS control that these things typically offer.

Downside is that it required root. Other downside is that it is unclear whether it works on rooted froyo. But apart from that...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones