• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Urgent! Stolen phone!

bob60626

Android Enthusiast
Jan 27, 2012
Chicago
My gf's purse was stolen out of her car, somewhere between 1 hour 40 minutes and forty minutes ago. Her Verizon S4 was in it. I got her to install Cerebus on it but she never went past the free trial. What are our options to track it down? Fwiw, we have Verizon Messages installed on her wifi tablet but the thief hasn't texted anyone from her phone.

A little late here, but if you set an app to download in the play store from a computer then it will download on a phone, assuming the phone is on. I'm a sprint employee, so don't know about anything fancy verizon has, but it might be worth giving their care team a call and seeing if there is any services they provide, like sprints family locator, signing up for it temporarily, and setting the app to download on the phone from your computer.

Don't know if it will work, but it hasn't been mentioned yet and might be worth a shot.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear you were able to track down the phone. Not surprised the cops weren't interested in busting the thief. The one time I had a phone stolen, the thief ran up a big bill, but the cellular company didn't charge me. They didn't seem too interested in tracking or locking the phone, though. Wasn't an Android, but I still was amazed they weren't more interested in preventing crime. It was one month into a new contract, and couldn't replace it at the same price. So I got the cheapest paygo phone I could find that would work on my network. Didn't feel like paying 3X as much to the same company for the same model, which Im sure would have been okay with them - more money! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones