• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB chord not recognizing my Warp?

I just bought a Just Wireless USB chord, however, I plugged on my computer and connected my Warp, it does not recognize the phone at all. I used a different usb chord before & it read the phone just fine. I have a feeling that the USB chord isn't for transferring data, but for charging only. But I'm not 100% sure on that. I tried all I could. re-installing Warp drivers, re-installing the USB port drivers on my computer. So, could it be the USB chord?

EDIT: Move to non-root section? Totally unintentional. >.>

Wireless USB cord? lol (I know it's probably a typo)
But yea if you tried another USB cord and that worked then the USB you have now is probably bad. You will come across those every once in a while. Maybe try other USB ports or even on another computer if you can.

It isn't a typo actually. That's the brand of the company (Just Wireless) that makes these chargers/chords. :p
Tried other USB ports, no avail, Although it does charge the phone though. o.o

Upvote 0
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Didn't realize that was the brand.
Well I did a little googling and found that some cords are "Charge Only" and won't be able to transfer data. I actually have a cable like this myself but I always thought it was a defective cable. Maybe you could read the packaging or the description of the product to see if it specifies its a charge only cord.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones