• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help usb? HELP!

twflys

Jan 25, 2009
Alright, I got the 16gb SD Card and am delighted with it. Now, what would be awesome is to have a new car stereo that runs usb. Hence, charging and playing my jukebox of music. So, I went to the local stereo store and looked at some stereo's with USB connections- spoke with the guy at the counter and he said it's as simple as plug and play, works with Iphone etc. Well, I ran out got my USB cable plugged them both up and while it charges the G1- every stereo I tried would not recognize the G1 and it wouldn't play. I went to settings/applications/ and tried fiddling with the USB debugging switch all to no avail. Anyone know if it is possible to play music through USB? Help!

I have a clarion deck (like that one but older) and when I plug my G1 in (using the usb cable that came with the phone) it says "do you want to mount this drive etc" I hit yes and it mounts and begins playing. The deck just sees the phone as a usb drive and I'm able to browse the files using the decks forward/back for files and up/down for folders.

Try using the cable that came with the phone. Something tells me that its not at all "like the iphone" because it has its own connector and its own way to talking to devices.

Upvote 0
I have a clarion deck (like that one but older) and when I plug my G1 in (using the usb cable that came with the phone) it says "do you want to mount this drive etc" I hit yes and it mounts and begins playing. The deck just sees the phone as a usb drive and I'm able to browse the files using the decks forward/back for files and up/down for folders.

Try using the cable that came with the phone. Something tells me that its not at all "like the iphone" because it has its own connector and its own way to talking to devices.

Nah, it's just a standard usb 2.0 to usb mini cable. Mine's still in the package along with the one that came with my camera, and the one that came with my mp3 player. I've got a nice little stash of extra usb-mini cables because so many devices come with them now. I've used the same USB mini cable for connecting all my devices for a couple years now. Pretty much universal now. The port is shaped slightly differently on HTC devices, but that's for the headset, doesn't affect data cable connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones