• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

User Reviews + first impressions

Also, Photobucket doesn't like my 5MP images. It keeps resizing them. Suggestions? I've been out of this photo uploading scene for about 8 years now...
Just a thought but they will appear smaller until clicked. My PB acct will not resize during upload unless I choose that default .... maybe something has changed.:thinking:

Btw, Congrats on the phone! Looks great and can't wait to read more about your first impressions so PLEASE hurry up!! :D

Upvote 0
You should use Picasa. Get the client for your desktop. Much easier to work with. You can specify to upload full size images. On the web, they will display small, but the user can download/view full size if desired.

There might even be a picasa app that lets you do it directly from the phone. Picasa is Google, so the app should be free.

Upvote 0
I believe there is direct Picassa sharing built into the HTC Photo Gallery. View picture, menu, then icon with dot at bottom with two arrows pointing outwards == share.

Brings up menu, will walk you thru your Picassa sign-in if you've not done it before.

To remain anonymous, supports more than one Google account, use same moniker you use here.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll switch it to Picasa. Photobucket actually changed the resolution. If you look at the photo info, it doesn't have a 5MP resolution.

Also, I can't get the adb screen shots to work. I have debugging enabled and have the SDK installed. On my Evo 4G, I saw a "USB Debuggin" notification, but I don't see that for the Evo 3D.

Upvote 0
Have you been able to take 3D pics or videos that have something that pops out of the screen in your face?

I can see the popout in a sample photo of some columns of rocks, but I can't actually take any photos where it pops out. Pictures look weird when things get too close to the lenses. I don't know if it's some brain issue where I can't interpret the image correctly or if it's actually a limitation of the hardware. I guess YMMV.

Upvote 0
Any info on call quality? I'm still nervous about this one.
EDIT: Nevermind, sorry. I see this has been asked already.

Yeah, this is one I'm anxious to test, unfortunately I have no friends ;) (AKA they are all at work). I'll try calling my mom and asking her what she thinks of the call quality. :p

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I can see the popout in a sample photo of some columns of rocks, but I can't actually take any photos where it pops out. Pictures look weird when things get too close to the lenses. I don't know if it's some brain issue where I can't interpret the image correctly or if it's actually a limitation of the hardware. I guess YMMV.

Have someone point at the camera with their outstretched arm, but make sure that the tip of the finger is no closer than 1.5ft from the camera, and make sure the entire hand and arm is within the display. See if that gives you the popout effect.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean. I'm pretty green when it comes to some of this stuff :eek:

Homescreen -> Menu -> Settings -> About phone -> Software info (or like that on Sense 3.0) ... looking for a build number or the like with that sort of number string. :)

PS - Moved another to http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/305558-release-date-6-24-nationwide-6-21-sp-members.html

Kindly note, this is for User Reviews on the actual phone, not ordering status - not being a meanie, but we have many threads discussing order details, thanks.

Upvote 0
Homescreen -> Menu -> Settings -> About phone -> Software info (or like that on Sense 3.0) ... looking for a build number or the like with that sort of number string. :)

PS - Moved another to http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/305558-release-date-6-24-nationwide-6-21-sp-members.html

Kindly note, this is for User Reviews on the actual phone, not ordering status - not being a meanie, but we have many threads discussing order details, thanks.

Maybe we'll get an OTA update release day? :p

Upvote 0
Very nice!

Honestly, as anxious as we all are to figure out if these battery reviews are true or not, I'd really not sweat it. It's a new toy. God only knows how much gas I went through when I first got my Camaro. If anyone has an accurate gauge on average battery life before the 24th, I'd be surprised.

And how the hell did you have enough patience to not rip open the box until after you took pictures? Where is the little kid at the Christmas tree anxiety? This is why I need to get it done at the Sprint store. So they get through activation before I can even get my hands on it.

But very nice, man. I have a few questions, but I'll hold off until you can do a more comprehensive play session.

Reactions: yourfriendmat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones