Using a Stylus on the X10Support

Last Updated:

1. Daniel40

Daniel40 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, having fingers like a bunch of bananas, I am having trouble with some of the touch screen buttons- especially the keyboard, hitting three buttons at once etc ! - I thought I would use a stylus, but the phone does not sem to want to know about a stylus, it does not like the pointed end for some reason ? The buttons only seem to respond when using the flat of the fingertop ? - anybody else managing to use a stylus ? - or am I the only one with banana fingers ?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

The screen needs to register a current, traditional stylus' won't do this. There are stylus available that will, but they're not 'pointy', as I think they need to find the centre point of the finger they're expecting you to use.

http://www.tenonedesign.com/stylus.php

3. Daniel40

Daniel40 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply, that'll explain it then ! - I will get one of those stylus
    Thanks

4. JPBrowne

JPBrowne Active Member

5. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

With the X10 it uses a capacitive screen so you need a Capacitive Stylus, there are many different makes of them and they are fairly cheap, I myself picked one up off ebay for $5 and it works great, they are a bit bulkier then the small point stylus but I seen they are bringing out a magnetic style one now. But if you are looking for one here is a few links to a few sites that sell different styles

Dagi Pens

eBay Capacitive