• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using External Mic no longer works

crimson8199

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
Just last week I was using the S3 to record audio for a podcast and it usually works. I plug in a Logitech headset-mic (I only plug in the mic as there is one for the headphones and the mic). And normally I can just record using the standard voice recorder. Now for some reason it does not want to do that. I have tried using my Plantronics headset-mic as well and it still only records from the phone's built in mic. If I use the headset mic that comes with the phone, that works. I'm just befuddled as I have 2 S3's and they both used to record with external mics and now fail to do so. I don't recall in recent updates or changes made to the phone. Is there a way to specify to use external mics or a more preferred app?

I am having a similar issue.

I have a Motorola Droid(the first)

been able to use a y adapter to connect my droid to mixers to integrate callers into podcasts. It's been kinda hit and miss.

But last night I started using a different mixer, its a Digi002 firewire interface for protools. I played around with the ycables forever and was unable to stop the droid from using the onboard mic. I then dugout an RCA video camera cord and used that (the red is the mic) and after a short time of directing the input/output on pro tools i got it to work!

But now it's tonight. and this new cable is giving me the same issue again. I cannot seem to get the droid to take the external mic input.

Anyone?? a mixer app that allowed users to change inputs/outputs on android would be perfect, if only to debug to whatever problem was really happening.

:(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones