• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Using WD External Hard drive case as a pouch

DroidFiend

Jun 9, 2010
If you guys are looking for a pouch to use while you wait for the case selection to diversify, I recommend using a Western Digital external hard drive case. I don't own one of those small external WD drives, so for all I know those external drives might be bundled with one.

I use this one in particular -

Amazon.com: Western Digital Neoprene Carrying Case for My Passport Portable Drives - Black…

It fits the height of the X perfectly, but it's a bit wider than the X. It zips up to keep any dust, debris away and the inside is lined in a soft felt material. There's even a mesh pocket inside to keep a cable in.

It fits in my pocket, even though it's a bit wider than the phone, because it's so pliable. I usually keep it in my backpack anyway.

The whole thing is made from a neoprene type of material, so it's padded. The inside of the edges (where the zipper is) are also lined with more padding to protect from any collisions.

Overall, for under 10 dollars I think it's a great temporary case.

I have also been using a WD Passport zippered carrying case for a temporary Droid X case. It is an original WD case and came with the drive.

I bought one of the silicone covers from Verizon on launch day but wanted some better protection until I could find a better pouch/carrying case.

I also am using a soft sunglasses case that my wife had abandoned. It's rather funky looking but does provide good protection.

dan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones