• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Various Android 11 Questions N Issues...

EvoVAlpha

Aug 27, 2012
Hey everyone, still love this forum and the information everyone helps provide! Just hoping to get a few things organized my end if possible, as I recently bought the Samsung Galaxy A02s with Android 11, and in tweaking it, found a few things either not there or somewhat wonky.

One issue I would love to fix is how fickle the lock screen notifications \ media controls are… Whether it’s the SiriusXM app or my podcast player, it doesn’t stay on the lock screen long and or will stop showing up after a few minutes or randomly.

Another thing that would be great is betting the volume slider back on the top pull down taskbar \ menu… Like in older versions of Android, where you could have it set right above or below the brightness slider. I tried a few third party apps and nothing comes as close.

This is hardly mission critical, but it would be great to get the clock back on the right side. To just have that option taken away is annoying at the least, and even though I found a third party app to make it disappear, I’d still like to have it if possible.

Finally in trying to update \ add images to my contacts, whether I go through the contacts app itself or use another one, it keeps saying: “No apps available to perform this action.” Hope this isn't all too on the nose, but y'all tell me and thank you for the help!

Finally in trying to update \ add images to my contacts, whether I go through the contacts app itself or use another one, it keeps saying: “No apps available to perform this action.” Hope this isn't all too on the nose, but y'all tell me and thank you for the help!

Which email service do you have set up on your phone? Gmail? Outlook?
The Contacts app doesn't just make up photos by itself, it pulls in its data (contact info text and images) from your online email account data. Log into your email account and manually edit each contact entry that needs to be updated or added. It's your online account maintained by your email service that you need to take care of, your phone is just feeding off of that. If your Contact app is set up to automatically sync, once the app does update itself the contact entries in your phone should be a direct reflection of what you've done to your email.

Upvote 0
Which email service do you have set up on your phone? Gmail? Outlook?
The Contacts app doesn't just make up photos by itself, it pulls in its data (contact info text and images) from your online email account data. Log into your email account and manually edit each contact entry that needs to be updated or added. It's your online account maintained by your email service that you need to take care of, your phone is just feeding off of that. If your Contact app is set up to automatically sync, once the app does update itself the contact entries in your phone should be a direct reflection of what you've done to your email.

Oh wow, sorry, I meant the actual contacts app itself, for my address book... When I try to update images there it won't pull any gallery app up, just gives me that message.

Upvote 0
Again, don't bother trying to edit or add photos to people in your contacts listing using the Contacts app. Instead, you need to focus on your email account.

This is an example for Gmail that may or may not apply since you prefer not to reveal which email service you use -- by going to https://contacts.google.com, logging into your account, and then selecting one of the contact entries you want to manually add a photo to, once that change gets saved it will be become a part of your online account. Then whenever your phone syncs itself to your online Google account, when you do open up the Contacts app and look at that newly altered contact entry should be showing the photo you just added. If you don't use Gmail, substitute your chosen email service's web interface and work on updating/adding photos to different people there instead.

Reactions: EvoVAlpha
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones