• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Velocity 1.2.2 OPEN Beta

Looks nice!

But, any way to kill the "ICS Launcher" menu in settings? It's still there after changing to Holo launcher, and even there after uninstalling ICS.

Sadly, after my old phone decided to not be a touch-screen anymore, I am using my wife's old LG Ally, so I installed Velocity 1.2.2 - it's AWESOME. Except I'm stumped on the ICS Launcher.

I did what everyone in this thread said to do and installed ADW Launcher, which runs nicely, but ICSL is still hanging around and occasionally re-asserts itself. Is there any way to uninstall it, or keep it from starting so I can use ADW instead? I realize this thread itself and this project are pretty much dead, but if anyone happens to stumble in here, I'd appreciate the advice.

Upvote 0
Sadly, after my old phone decided to not be a touch-screen anymore, I am using my wife's old LG Ally, so I installed Velocity 1.2.2 - it's AWESOME. Except I'm stumped on the ICS Launcher.

I did what everyone in this thread said to do and installed ADW Launcher, which runs nicely, but ICSL is still hanging around and occasionally re-asserts itself. Is there any way to uninstall it, or keep it from starting so I can use ADW instead? I realize this thread itself and this project are pretty much dead, but if anyone happens to stumble in here, I'd appreciate the advice.

Well, the app is ICSLauncher.apk and should be found in the system/app directory. You can rename it so the Ally can't run it or delete it and free up a few more bits of memory.

This won't remove the options from the Velocity menus, however, but it will keep ICSLauncher from popping up when you don't want it. If you want to remove the menu options, you'll have to edit the Velocity Tool Kit itself (at least I think that's where they are). While it could be a fun way to learn more about programming and developing, that is beyond my ambitions at this point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones