• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verdict - 30 Day Period from Launch

July 3rd and one day left. F@&$#@$&%$@ Best Buy sold out everywhere. One moron even told me to go to a Sprint corporate office to get an exchange. What a dumb ass! Looks like I'm going to have to be forced to file a claim for this F%@@N brick I paid for. Aint this a mutha fu@$#n b!tch! Thanks HTC/Sprint for the brick!

I buy an almost $300 phone that ends up having problems on me, and BB won't let me return it when more are in stock? BS! I'm outraged!!

Upvote 0
July 3rd and one day left. F@&$#@$&%$@ Best Buy sold out everywhere. One moron even told me to go to a Sprint corporate office to get an exchange. What a dumb ass! Looks like I'm going to have to be forced to file a claim for this F%@@N brick I paid for. Aint this a mutha fu@$#n b!tch! Thanks HTC/Sprint for the brick!

I buy an almost $300 phone that ends up having problems on me, and BB won't let me return it when more are in stock? BS! I'm outraged!!

Sorry to hear that.
The fact that you came in before your 30 days should have them at least to work with you.

For an issue that you couldnt help that is bad customer service

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that.
The fact that you came in before your 30 days should have them at least to work with you.

For an issue that you couldnt help that is bad customer service

Thanks carmendiva. I'm just venting. But at the same time it's frustrating. Just ticks me off how much money I spent for this, to not be able to return it. Crossing my fingers i'll find a BB willing to understand my frustrations. :(

Upvote 0
Thanks carmendiva. I'm just venting. But at the same time it's frustrating. Just ticks me off how much money I spent for this, to not be able to return it. Crossing my fingers i'll find a BB willing to understand my frustrations. :(

And why can't you return it? If it's because they're out of stock, so what.
Return it anyway, why be stuck or file a claim for a phone that was broken before the 30days was up.

Upvote 0
I am keeping my phone. I love it! I am one of the lucky one's that got mine on launch day with no issues. No screen leakage or lifting, no battery issues (mine will last 10 hours with heavy use and no charging in-between). All features work great and the update did not brick my phone. I feel for all you folks who have gone through 3 phones trying to get one that works and waiting weeks for a replacement. Hopefully you get a good one next time because this is the best phone I have ever had. Much better than the I-phone I had. Love the ability to customize everything. You can't customize shit on the I-phone. Don't give up. Once you get a good handset you will realize the wait was totally worth it. Hands down the best phone on the market right now. I was getting a new phone about every 3 months just waiting to find the perfect one. THIS IS IT!!!!

Upvote 0

I share your frustration, I had gotten 3 evos and the replacement I got yesterday was perfect until it wouldn't connect to a 4g network. Now I got to figure something out with Radio Shack.

Upvote 0

Well, once you're passed your 30 days, why couldn't you go get a replacement at Sprint?

That's exactly what I was going to do, but Best Buy said that it would void my 30 day exchange with them because the sku would no longer match.

Upvote 0
Well, once you're passed your 30 days, why couldn't you go get a replacement at Sprint?

During the 30 days you can only exchange the phone at the original point of purchase. For Best Buy, that means you can go to ANY BB store and they will exchange it; however, for Sprint, you have to take it to the exact Sprint store or kiosk you purchased it.

After the 30 days no where will exchange it unless you have insurance. If you have Sprint insurance, they send it off to be repaired or you get a refurb. If you have Best Buy insurance, they will send it off for repair or give you a new one. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
During the 30 days you can only exchange the phone at the original point of purchase. For Best Buy, that means you can go to ANY BB store and they will exchange it; however, for Sprint, you have to take it to the exact Sprint store or kiosk you purchased it.

After the 30 days no where will exchange it unless you have insurance. If you have Sprint insurance, they send it off to be repaired or you get a refurb. If you have Best Buy insurance, they will send it off for repair or give you a new one. Hope that helps.

Huh? That's not what they told me on the phone. I spoke to tech support and they even created a ticket for me approving an exchange, regardless of my having bought the phone from Best Buy. I understand about the 30 day policy, but it doesn't stop Sprint and/or HTC from fixing their own mistake. Sprint Tech Support specifically told me that HTC shipped Sprint phones, specifically for the purposes of replacing phones that got bricked...

I guess, since the software update didn't brick your phone, maybe it doesn't apply, but either way...I could have a brand new replacement unit from Sprint, but I didn't want to void my 30 day exchange with Best Buy (which it would have). I figured I could wait another week to get a white one as replacement (and Best Buy is making an exception for me because of the situation).

Nontheless, this is more frustrating not having a phone than I thought it'd be. It's forcing me to do other stuff, especially because I'm not easy to contact without my cell phone...but man, I'm so tempted to have Sprint replace my phone.

Upvote 0

UPDATE:

Great news! Woke up Saturday morning and was just about to jump in the car and leave out of town for the holiday, when I get a phone call from "Matt" at Best Buy saying that they received a batch of new EVO's and was calling in about my raincheck. I told the fam, "sorry peeps, we're making a pitstop before we leave for 4 days!!!" The gods heard my cry! :p

Now I just hope I don't have any problems with this one. Otherwise, I'll have to use my insurance at BB.

Upvote 0
So Happy. Was lucky enough to get 1 of the 2 EVO's that happened to get stocked at the Best Buy down the hill from my house! So, I finally got a replacement EVO after having a bricked phone for an entire week (which, I didn't realize would be so annoying).

After I replaced the phone, I told the Best Buy by my house that I ended up putting a pre-order in for a white one because all the Best Buys were sold out and there was no telling when they would get anymore in stock. They told me that it's not likely that I'll be able to exchange, since July 4 was my exact 30 days.

SO, I decided to call the original Best Buy that I purchased my phone from, just to verify if that were the case. The original Best Buy I purchased from said that they would have no problem still doing an exchange for me. We'll see if they'll sing the same tune by next weekend, but nontheless, I'm VERY happy with my experience at Best Buy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones