• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon 4.3 Update Patch

AeolianReflex

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
Southern California
Has anyone heard anything about a patch for the 4.3 update on Verizon S4's?
Though the issues seem to be somewhat minor compared to the ATT 4.3 update, I'm wondering if I should do a full back up now to get ready for a patch.

Also any opinions on MyBackup Pro? I'm wondering if it accurately backs up homescreens and system settings on the S4 as the developer claims. Last time I did a full restore it took me more than 8 hours to get my phone back to where it was before the reset.

Also any opinions on MyBackup Pro? I'm wondering if it accurately backs up homescreens and system settings on the S4 as the developer claims. Last time I did a full restore it took me more than 8 hours to get my phone back to where it was before the reset.

Love it. I've been using it since my Droid OG days, and it's saved my bacon more than a few times. I have it backup every night, then I do a manual backup every few weeks (it only gets erased manually), just in case something went wrong a week ago and I didn't notice until now.

Not certain if it backs up things like homescreen configurations, but that stuff's easy to restore, versus contacts, data, and files.

Upvote 0
Not certain if it backs up things like homescreen configurations, but that stuff's easy to restore, versus contacts, data, and files.

Thanks G. For me, backing up the apps and other stuff is the easy part it's the homescreens that take most of the time. I have all seven homescreens filled with tweaked widgets and shortcuts with one screen dedicated to contact shortcuts including four folders with about 20 contacts in each one. All in all there are close to 100 contacts that I can just tap and call / message. That takes forever to reconstruct!

Anyone else know about MyBackup Pro's ability to restore homescreens?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones