Verizon 4.3 Update PatchGeneral

1. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard anything about a patch for the 4.3 update on Verizon S4's?
    Though the issues seem to be somewhat minor compared to the ATT 4.3 update, I'm wondering if I should do a full back up now to get ready for a patch.

Also any opinions on MyBackup Pro? I'm wondering if it accurately backs up homescreens and system settings on the S4 as the developer claims. Last time I did a full restore it took me more than 8 hours to get my phone back to where it was before the reset.

Advertisement
    :
  2. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for one to come out also. But if not then I'm going to wait because Kit Kat should be just around the corner for us.
  3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Love it. I've been using it since my Droid OG days, and it's saved my bacon more than a few times. I have it backup every night, then I do a manual backup every few weeks (it only gets erased manually), just in case something went wrong a week ago and I didn't notice until now.

Not certain if it backs up things like homescreen configurations, but that stuff's easy to restore, versus contacts, data, and files.
  4. bobolinko

bobolinko Well-Known Member

And If I didn't agree with you, only YOU would be wrong? LOL
    Couldn't resist ;)
  5. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

Thanks G. For me, backing up the apps and other stuff is the easy part it's the homescreens that take most of the time. I have all seven homescreens filled with tweaked widgets and shortcuts with one screen dedicated to contact shortcuts including four folders with about 20 contacts in each one. All in all there are close to 100 contacts that I can just tap and call / message. That takes forever to reconstruct!

Anyone else know about MyBackup Pro's ability to restore homescreens?
  6. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Well-Known Member

MBP does NOT back up data. Some launchers can back themselves up. The most complete non-rooted back up utility is Helium. It backs up >90% of the app data (their settings) along with the apps.