• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Galaxy Tab at Bestbuy w/ No Contract?

This might be Android 101 question, but how do I disable the cellular radio? I bought a VZ and don't use their service on my Galaxy Tab, so I want WiFi on but cellular data off, but when i click use cellular data it still says "searching for service..." and I can't use airplane mode cause then wifi turns off. Suggestions?

Just go to wifi settings and turn wifi back on it will work even in airplane mode.

Upvote 0
For those that have the Verizon GT and are using it as a Wifi only tablet - does the GPS continue to work after you have cancelled 3G? My understanding is the 3G/GPS are on the same chip. I couldn't find anything on the upcoming Wifi only GT having GPS at all - but getting the VZW and not turning on the 3g seems like th solution..... but do you have GPS?

Upvote 0
So i just got my Sprint Galaxy Tab on sunday, so this is how best buy broke it down for me... $399!!! for the Tab with at least one month of service, $29.99 a month for 2gb. After the first month i can cancel the service, just needed it to get it for the $399. I had a $220 gc for best buy so it came out only costing me $225.. out the door..

Now i love this thing but i don't know if i want to return it and wait it out for the xoom or gt2... with a $220 gc it takes a substantial amount of the price of any tab... hmm just venting i guess. However i love listening to my HOWARD STERN AND ADAM CAROLLA ON MY TAB!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones