• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon GS3 help

bbuck002

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
Buffalo
My battery has been draining pretty quickly lately. Today it's been discharging for 2h24m and I've lost 53% charge in that time without even using my device. Battery Stats is showing Google Services at 88%, Screen at 6%, Android OS, Elixir, Cell Standby, and Device Idle all at 2%. Anyone have any ideas what is going on with Google Services and why its seemingly running constantly to the point my phone was just extremely hot in my pocket? I've not actually seen it do this before this bad. Thanks.

Try a shutdown, then reboot.? Seriously, I'm not being snarky:)
I had an issue with gmail and battery life. I found that was keeping my phone from sleeping.
A simple shutdown and reboot cured it.

Is something trying to sync, but cannot due to bad signal such as
Gmail, calendar, photos, G+, or something else google related? I dunno, just throwing out some ideas:)

If you desire, you can download a battery monitoring app such as Better Battery Stats to see what is causing a wakelock. I know it's not free but I like it.

Others have used a free app that indicates wakelocks, GSam battery monitor

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones