• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Guide on how to root 4.3?

What is waiting, ODIN?
Have you doownoaded it? Try Odin307.zip (453,20 KB) - uploaded.net
Then unzip it to a folder, run the .exe file.
Restart your phone in bootloader mode (Press the VolDown/Home/PowerOn buttons altogether). Once it starts, key the VolUp key.
Plug your phone into the computer (use the OEM cable that came with your phone, I've heard that it works best.)
Then there should be an indication in the upper left above the ID:COM label that shows your phone is connected to ODIN.

You will need to unzip the Wifi/Modem file with a 7z unzipper, try 7-Zip
Unzip that file to a folder, then click the PDA (NOT THE PHONE button) button on ODIN and select that file to add.
Now you can click start and watch the message window. Once the box above the ID:COM box changes to RESET, then PASS, the phone should reboot and restart.

Then you'll need to put the large recovery file on your phone using TWRP.
Copy the large recovery file to a SD card and put it in your phone.
If you already are rooted with the CASUAL root for 4.1.2, then restarting your phone with the VolUp/Home/PowerOn buttons restarts it in the TWRP mode.
When in TWRP, click the Factory Reset to reset the phone. Then click Install and select the recovery file.
It took about 30 seconds or so to install that (I was surprised). then reboot your phone normally. It should be rooted now.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a Samsung driver issue. Maybe uninstall Samsung drivers and reinstall. Also make sure you have the latest Java.

Casual will boot it into download mode and unlock/root, but since it used a different driver in download mode than when it's booted into Android, I think that's where the problem lies.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones