• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] [Guide] Step-by-Step Rooting & Flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrmmm, I guess I took the long way. Well at least I know a lot more about my phone now. Here's where I'm at now:

Went back to the base stock Verizon build. Then I went to the VRALG1 build and am there right now. It says I am version 4.0.4.

So, now where do I go? I assume I am rooted. Do I just flash the CM10? You mentioned "Official VRBLK3 4.1.1- http://hotfile.com/dl/182822657/9f67...p.tar.md5.htmlThis is the latest OTA that was initially released as a leak, then became official.)" but the link is missing some parts, do you have the full one? Should I use Odin to install VRBLK3 and then use CM10?

Upvote 0
Alright, I've cycled through three different Verizon builds and still the home button doesn't work and the battery won't charge. I know it's not the battery because I've been swapping it out with my wife's S3 and it charges fine on her phone.

At this point I think I will just install a Verizon build, use Triangle Away to get rid of the counts, and then go to Verizon with my phone. Unless someone has a better idea?

Upvote 0
Hey all! :)

Looks like this rooting guide was made for version Android 4.0.x (ICS / Ice Cream Sandwich) for the VZW version of the SGS3 device and is probably not needed to be stickied since most folks are already on JellyBean 4.1.1 or 4.1.2.

So, with that in mind, I've un-stuck and closed this thread at this time.

If you are looking for rooting instructions for JellyBean Android version 4.1.x and can't find something here at AF, please take a peek at this thread over on XDA:

[GUIDE] Root for Jelly Bean 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 OTA
And also, a helpful video:

If anyone here does start a new thread about how to root JB for the VZW SGS3, please feel free to and we'll include a link to that thread here in this post to help redirect folks who might be looking for it.

Big thanks to MikeStony for the heads-up re. this (Mike, feel free to edit this post as you see fit with my blessing in case I didn't word things properly or you have something to add :)).

Thanks!

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones