• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] How to update TWRP

Hey everyone, I hope every one of you all had a good and safe thanks giving celebration.

I would like to upgrade/update my twrp recovery to the newest version available. I am running 2.6.3.0 but I believe that in order to flash the 4.4 kitkat ROMs I would need to update my recovery... I tried through the goo manager app but all I am getting is the same version I already have installed. I also tried going to team wins website. I downloaded one yet every time I try to flash it from recovery I get an unsuccessful installation. What am I doing wrong? I am very thankfull for any advice &/or your suggestions. Peace

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, I hope every one of you all had a good and safe thanks giving celebration.

I would like to upgrade/update my twrp recovery to the newest version available. I am running 2.6.3.0 but I believe that in order to flash the 4.4 kitkat ROMs I would need to update my recovery... I tried through the goo manager app but all I am getting is the same version I already have installed. I also tried going to team wins website. I downloaded one yet every time I try to flash it from recovery I get an unsuccessful installation. What am I doing wrong? I am very thankfull for any advice &/or your suggestions. Peace
If its in the form of a .tar file, you need to install it with ODIN.
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones