• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] [JB 4.2] XenonHD Stable-11.1 (7/3/13)

Alright, I'm gonna ask....how exactly do you do a 'dirty flash' :eek: ? DO I just do nothing but flash the ROM....nothing else? I've been too chicken to do anything but clean flash. May as well try it if it is easier and it works...

For a dirty flash I wipe cache partition, and wipe dalvik cache. Then flash the ROM then Gapps.

Upvote 0
4.0 is up and has battery mods built in like aokp on ICS. No need for the mods if you move to v4 !

I've only seen the boot animation twice, it hasn't bothered me yet. How often are y'all booting your phone and staring at the screen?? :laugh:

As long as the boot animation isn't a pink unicorn, I think I can handle it. I simply hate that pink unicorn :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm assuming that volume rocker wake means that I an hit the volume rocker to wake the phone so I can swipe and unlock it. Is this accurate?

Also, how do I get the long press of the volume rocker to skip tracks? I long press them up and down and it doesn't play the next song in my playlist. Am I doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
I'm assuming that volume rocker wake means that I an hit the volume rocker to wake the phone so I can swipe and unlock it. Is this accurate?

Also, how do I get the long press of the volume rocker to skip tracks? I long press them up and down and it doesn't play the next song in my playlist. Am I doing something wrong?

Yes that is accurate.

WHat player are you using I think it only works with apollo and google play music players maybe :thinking:

Upvote 0
Tried with Google music. I'll try with Apollo.

Wake by volume ticket definitely doesn't work.

And i noticed i have 2 camera apps and 2 galleries. I think I'm going to clean wipe and re flash.

Volume wake works fine for me (make sure its checked in Settings-Display) as does song advancement by long pressing the volume up. I am using PlayerPro.

Upvote 0
And i noticed i have 2 camera apps and 2 galleries. I think I'm going to clean wipe and re flash.

I dirty flashed 4.0 over 3.0, and the camera and gallery icons on my home screen were there, but just with the generic android icon, like the app was missing. I just deleted the camera and gallery app and re added them from my app drawer.

Do you have 2 cameras and 2 galleries in your app drawer?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones