• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Stuck Boot Loop

bballer6767

Lurker
Nov 23, 2012
Before I get started, let me just say I am kinda a noob to android. Earlier today I was running AOKP rom on my verizon galaxy s3. I went to look for the latest version of AOKP and I downloaded the latest build which was a milestone build. After flashing the new ROM I lost all signal and I couldn't get it to come back even after flashing the previous version I was using. I then decided I would just start over and flash the rooted stock rom through Odin. Now I am stuck in a bootloop. I am not sure where I messed up. I am sure I did something stupid. Was flashing the root stock a bad idea with a unlocked bootloader? Does anyone know what my options are for a fix? Thanks alot for your time and responses.

Before I get started, let me just say I am kinda a noob to android. Earlier today I was running AOKP rom on my verizon galaxy s3. I went to look for the latest version of AOKP and I downloaded the latest build which was a milestone build. After flashing the new ROM I lost all signal and I couldn't get it to come back even after flashing the previous version I was using. I then decided I would just start over and flash the rooted stock rom through Odin. Now I am stuck in a bootloop. I am not sure where I messed up. I am sure I did something stupid. Was flashing the root stock a bad idea with a unlocked bootloader? Does anyone know what my options are for a fix? Thanks alot for your time and responses.

did you do a data wipe between going from AOKP to Stock Rooted?...there are going to be unbelievable differences in data between those two ROMs and could certainly cause problems...try forcing the phone into recovery mode...and doing a data wipe/factory reset..

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, yes I always wipe data and cache when installing new roms. The rom Loaded fine but my network was gone. Also the bootloop didnt occur until I flashed the Rooted Stock Rom with Odin. I am thinking that sense I had an unlocked bootloader, that it may have caused problems going back to a stock rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones