• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon update for buggy lollipop build?

Perch_44

Jul 8, 2010
Does anyone have any info on when Verizon customers will see a fix to the lollipop update?

I've done 2 factory resets and this thing still is crap.

6-10 crash/reboots a day.
Phone constantly locks up
Loses signal
Contacts stopped message
Battery life is horrible

This thing is pretty much useless since they rolled the update out.

It has gone from the best phone I've ever used, to something that may just end up in the trash...

Does anyone have any info on when Verizon customers will see a fix to the lollipop update?

I've done 2 factory resets and this thing still is crap.

6-10 crash/reboots a day.
Phone constantly locks up
Loses signal
Contacts stopped message
Battery life is horrible

This thing is pretty much useless since they rolled the update out.

It has gone from the best phone I've ever used, to something that may just end up in the trash...

See my reply from post #6 of Lollipop improvements are here!...

Now IF ONLY Verizon would listen and use the latest 5.0 version to release to us.

Here's the thing AZgl1500, whilst Samsung can turn around and release a firmware update to an unbranded phone in 3 days and to a lightly carrier branded phone in in 6 days, as we can see from the S5 Lollipop (Android 5) latest releases thread, it takes the hybrid carrier models mentioned in #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, Verizon and AT&T, around 8 weeks or so to take that same firmware and modify it and add all their bloatware.

Therefore, if they used the OC7 Lollipop release, build date 16th March, it would not be until the middle of May, 2015, before you would see a Verizon bugfix update. Therefore, any firmware from these 2 carriers that comes out before that date will already be obsolete.

My guess is that they will base their builds on the old Samsung OB7 update of the 13th Feb; that first introduced the Mute Button and Screen pinning and should therefore be able to get a Lollipop update out by mid April.

Don't forget, it isn't just the Galaxy S5 or the S4 or the Note or the S6 or the S6 Edge that these carriers have to adapt and modify. There's also all the other manufacturers phones such as, HTC, LG, etc; that they need to work their, "magic",on. ;)

This also partly explains the god awful Lollipop release from Verizon that surprised everyone by coming out so quickly. The answer is simple... it was based on a very early, pre release, test version of Lollipop. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones