• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Wireless Sales rep tried to talk my Friend out of buying this phone.

musiclover7

Nov 25, 2012
I found this story a bit interesting. I told a friend of mine who sometimes comes to me for tech advice, that imo, the Galaxy S4 is the best phone on the planet right now. I know, this is a pure preference thing, but having used a great many phones, I stand by this decision. I got one for my mother not too long ago, and she is loving it. I think it is an easy phone for non tech savy folks to become tech savy with. I know there are folks that hate touchwiz, but I like it simply for the use-ability factor it gives the avg user. Anyways...

So my friend goes to the store to get herself this phone. The way she tells it, the Rep there gave her a very hard time, and did everything he could to try and convince her to get an Iphone instead. She said, she thought he was likely getting a commission on selling the Iphone vs the Galaxy, because he was insistent over and over again with her that she was making a big mistake. I just find it completely insane that the tech in the store would do this to a customer who walked into the store knowing exactly what she wanted.

I think it is fine for them to give their opinion, especially when someone asks them for it, but to almost come to the point where they are arguing with a customer about their phone preference, is just plain wrong... Anyone else out there ever hear of stories like this? I am curious if he has some hidden incentive.

I have heard of stories like that. I don't remember the details, but Verizon does tend to push certain phones at certain times. I think I may have even heard one where the person wanted an iPhone and they tried to talk them into something else.

Beyond that, salespeople are often idiots. I remember buying a dryer at Best Buy and the saleman told me that the LG dryer used less energy because it produced energy as it ran. To prove that me spun the dryer drum on the unplugged display unit and pointed to the lights on the display flickering. :D

Upvote 0
Probably just an apple fan boi. They're feeling very defensive these days. :)

You are right about the S4 being the top phone these days. You look at Consumer Reports or any non-bias source, and the S4 is consistenly rated the top phone. And for good reason. I've had mine since they came out and it's continued to make me happy, day in and day out. This is the first time I've been this far into a 2 year "relationship" with a smartphone and still been this happy with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones